Heart/Lung Endurance Help?

chanstriste13
chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Morning peoples! I'm into week 3 of c25k, and i've noticed that my legs are running like clockwork - which is fabulous. However, my heart and lung endurance are behind my legs. I'm not gasping for breath like crazy, and I am pretty comfortable doing the routine, but I wondered if anyone knew of any pointers to train for that kind of endurance. I feel like my legs could just go and go and go, but the rest of me is trailing. Will this solve itself eventually if I stick with it? Any advice?

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    I used to feel like my lungs would explode when I ran...now I started doing 2-1 breathing. Inhale 2 steps, exhale 1 step. It takes a little bit to get used to it because it's quick breathing but I've found I can run faster when I breathe like this and my legs are machines, they just go and go!! And then I don't get the problem of sucking in too much air, coughing, and feeling like my lungs will collapse. Hope this helps!
  • metalpalace
    metalpalace Posts: 576
    Add high intensity interval training with weights and plyometrics to your training and eat more slow digesting carbohydrates.
This discussion has been closed.