New to MFP, struggling with all the info

Options
Hi everyone!

Firstly, I just want to say how great this community is. I've known about MFP for a long time but have only really just found the forum section. I seem to spend every spare moment reading it...things like IPOARM are great. It's turning a lifetime of dieting ideas on its head.

But, I'm reading so much I'm struggling. My weight hasn't really moved for about 4 weeks (I was doing a VLCD before that for 4 weeks). Since stopping that I've been eating around 1200 cals, all on pretty 'clean' foods but the more I read, the more it seemed 1200 was too low. I have reset my limit to 1600 (I'm 5 foot 6 and about 140 pounds currently) and I aim to burn off at least 500 of those cals a day, measured by my fitbit and also by going on my elliptical trainer.
Looking at my diary for the last couple of days it looks terrible! Junk has started slipping in because I have so many cals to eat.

Could anyone who has a spare minute look at my diary and tell me if there are any easy kills diet wise that might help the scale/tape measure going down again? My actual weight isn't that important but getting back into my old jeans that nearly fit is! I'm not bothered about being really skinny...I just want to fit my old wardrobe!

Thanks so much!