am i doing 5x5workout right?

Options
i started with the bar itself no pounds added..

and i added 5 or 10 pounds every section now im at

squat 30pounds(this is kind a though for me)

bench press 40pounds(i just added 10 more pounds because it's too light..)

overhead press 30

death lift 40 pounds..

ect..

it's just between 30~40 pounds..

it's been 6days already.

so 2weeks 10 more weeks to go.

so after 30days so it will be 30x5 or 30x10 pound.

so finishing this 12 week program i would be in 150 to 300 pounds?

will i be that strong? it seems very fast..

and am i doing right?;;

Replies

• RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're doing strong lifts. A normal olympic bar weighs 45 lbs so you will have an easier time communicating your weights to people if you use the weight of the bar included in what your lifting.

Ex. The bar is 45 and you added 30 lbs for the day youll want to be telling people you were squatting 75 lbs.

The first month or so it is supposed to be light so dont rush things.

Yes, You have the potential to be deadlifting close to 300 and squatting 225. along with the upper body lifts at about 150ish. That isnt going to happen for every one and its really just a goal to shoot for. You are going to stall on this program its a matter of when not if. Just depends on your how your body adapts as to when you stall at first.

Overhead press will most likely be the first one to fail and I'd be surprised if you make it out of the first 12 weeks without it failing. Its just rough.

Personally I did make it to 285 deadlift and 225 squat in the first 12 weeks but I am also 6'0 220 so depending on your size and initial muscle mass that may vary.

Also your diet and sleep will factor into it a lot so make sure youre getting the right amounts of both

Good luck.
  • ay1978pa
    ay1978pa Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Overhead press will most likely be the first one to fail and I'd be surprised if you make it out of the first 12 weeks without it failing. Its just rough.
    From what I understood he's finishing week 2.

This is a great program, especially for beginners, and builds up strength like there's no tomorrow. I agree, don't rush adding weight and work on your form.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    From what I understood he's finishing week 2.

This is a great program, especially for beginners, and builds up strength like there's no tomorrow. I agree, don't rush adding weight and work on your form.

He is. He just mentioned later as to where he would be at. When he finishes 12 weeks.

Form is key. Not only to not hurt yourself but you will be able to lift more in the long run.