SCREW IT! LET'S DO IT!!

Options
I put this on my facebook page to :-) http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=116512598381657

Screw it Lets Do it represents how I feel now a days whenever there is something out there that I know I want that will improve my life. When you see something that you want what's your philosophy typically? A couple years ago mine would be, "I'll think about it".

We aren't made to wait around thinking about things we know we want. "I'll wait around and think about it" is the result of a nasty conditioning process that begins at childhood. God knows I've done it plenty of times in the past and it's costed me dearly in terms of time, money, and even self esteem at times. Now a days if there is something I want and I see a stumbling block my attitude is screw it lets do it! Consequently life is much more fulfilling now!

If there is something you know in your gut that you want and that it will improve the quality of your life but for whatever reason you still think that you need to wait around and 'think about it' make no mistake you are going to take a self esteem hit. It's demoralizing to Rob Yourself! When you literally stop yourself from taking advantage of an opportunity that can improve yourself you are robbing yourself and you know it! Never mind for a moment the thief on the street who is after your wallet. The thief in your mind who is after your promise is a far greater threat but you've got to be aware of both! At least the thief on the street is only after your wallet. The thief in your mind is after something more valuable than any wallet! Don't be a victim of yourself there are plenty of other people in the world willing to victimize you of one thing or another.

My life is sooooooo much more fulfilling now a days because of my new philosophies. Waiting sucks. Unless there is a valid logistical reason for it, not one you've creatively fabricated in your mind to justify waiting around, waiting flat stinks and others around you will pick up on that. It very much coincides with social norms of successful people associating themselves with other successful people and not so successful people associating themselves with other not so successful people.

If there is something you guys and gals want just flippin go get it already! Screw it let's do it baby!!

Tom
P.S. there are no walls except the walls in your mind. Everything that is between you and where you want to be is a hurdle and all hurdles can be cleared one way or another with enough hard work.

Replies

• KeriD
    KeriD Posts: 324
    Options
    Great post...I REALLY needed to hear that.....positive encouragement.....love that!!!!!
  • metalpalace
    metalpalace Posts: 576
    Options
    Great post...I REALLY needed to hear that.....positive encouragement.....love that!!!!!

between facebook, twitter, and my fitness pal I've been hearing that all day. I'm so glad I just randomly decided to write this article this morning :-) It seems to be exactly what a lot of people needed to hear! By the way if you facebook please by all means add me I post stuff like this all the time but I don't always do so in here
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Right on the money, Tom-- rather what was in my gut yesterday when I finally said, "Screw it-- I'm doing it."

I signed up for my first half marathon in September--

Awesome post--
  • metalpalace
    Options
    Go Marla! That is awesome :)
  • metalpalace
    Options
    And I did it again this morning instead of waiting. Life is good :) Unless you're waiting.. LoL