How should I eat?

Options
Hi everyone,
So I usually do good throughout the week and once the weekend comes I SPLURGE! I end up over eating and having an upset stomach. But then if I just eat healthy I feel so deprived and depressed I end up eating almost everything. I end up regretting and feeling bad about myself. It also slows down my weight loss. Btw I do workout about 4 to 5x a week.

Please help, what can I do to stop this. (I dorm so there aren't too many healthy alternatives) ..
My weekend weaknesses(bacon, sausage, bacon, sausage, pizza, fried egg with sausage and bacon and cheese, tator tots with mayo and ketchup, candy, chips) <--- YOU SEE I NEED HELP!

Advice appreciated :) Thank you

Replies

• samgolod
    samgolod Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    maybe try one aspect at a time...work out which of your 'sin' list is the worst for calories and promise yourself you'll give it up for a month, To make things more positive you could have a jar and put a dollar or 50p in it every time you eat a piece of fruit and when you've filled the jar you can use the money to buy a sexy top? (sometimes I find that doing something good is easier than stopping yourself doing something bad) - good luck!
  • juliekins64
    juliekins64 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Find healthier ways to cook the egg, cut out the pizza, eat smaller amounts of the cheese.
    Meat is good for you in moderation, try switching cottage cheese for mayo, worked for me.
    What about planning your splurge so you can indulge without going too far.
    Also, keeping busy during your weak times really helps.
  • EpicMeyri
    EpicMeyri Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    oooooh !! I LOVE THAT IDEA about the money in jar thing!! :) I WILL TRY IT! You're right. This month I will give up..... The sausage and pizza.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Set yourself a sensible daily calorie goal that doesn't leave you feeling deprived so you don't have the need to binge at the weekend.

Calculate your TDEE and take a 15 or 20% cut from it.

Your diary is closed so I don't now what your calorie goal is but if you are hungry the simple suggestion is that you're not eating enough.

I'm currently losing on around 2300 cals per day. This is enough food to not leave me feeling deprived while still losing fat.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Instead of a splurge weekend, you should make a splurge meal or even two (one Saturday and one Sunday) and eat healthy the rest of the day. You should also log your splurge just to keep you aware.
  • sweetums2
    sweetums2 Posts: 14
    Options
    Reading your list of weekend goodies it sounds like you love your protein. Why not start small and cook your foods without frying them. Baking rather than frying is an alterniaive.. Place meats on a papertowel to absorb the greese. As far as pizza goes if you are really in need of a piece of pizza try making one yourself. I get that craving too! I take a tortilla and put some sauce and cheese on it put it in my toaster oven and it gets me through without feeling deprived. I also load it with veggies sometimes or even put some white sauce on it. You are working hard to lose weight don't let the weekend get you too down. Just think about what you can do for you so you are ready for the free times with your friends.