how did i put on weight?

Options
Since I last weighed in, I've put on 2lbs despite, daily exercise and being under my calories each and every day. I am eating healthy apart from 2 days a week when I only eat 600 calories as a fast. Any ideas why I'm putting on weight this week?

Replies

• Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    You're not eating enough and I think your body is preparing for "starvation" by holding onto extra fat perhaps?
  • Griffin220x
    Griffin220x Posts: 399
    Options
    Perhaps too much food intake or just a simply fluctuation is weight. Nothing to worry about though. Heres how to keep the fat off.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/948140-how-to-lose-fat
  • theblackspot
    theblackspot Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Cheers Lisa and Griffin,
    I may try upping cal's with more lean protein, but keep the fasts, as I want the possible health benefits it offers.
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I had a 2 lb gain after i had more carbs than normal and another time after my salt intake was higher..it usually goes away though. I also weighted more when I did a lot of muscle building but what made me feel better, were my clothes felt better.
  • fitnessbuilding
    Options
    Green tea is a best drink for weight loss. It not only helps us to maintain fitness, but also protects us from several symptoms and diseases.
  • dovetail22uk
    dovetail22uk Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    If you're doing the 5:2 diet then the 2 days when you are "fasting" create your calorie deficit. On the other 5 days you are meant to eat your TDEE. It's not actually meant to be a weight loss diet but it often seems to be a happy side effect.

Looks like you're not eating enough.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I may try upping cal's with more lean protein, but keep the fasts, as I want the possible health benefits it offers.

Eating at a calorie deficit most of the week and then flat out starving for 2 days a week has health benefits?
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Green tea is a best drink for weight loss. It not only helps us to maintain fitness, but also protects us from several symptoms and diseases.
    Sorry that's claptrap. Drink it if you like it but don't expect miracle from a drink.
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    If you're doing the 5:2 diet then the 2 days when you are "fasting" create your calorie deficit. On the other 5 days you are meant to eat your TDEE. It's not actually meant to be a weight loss diet but it often seems to be a happy side effect.

Looks like you're not eating enough.

what i was gonna say. are you eating like 1200 calories on non fast days? cos you should be eating at your TDEE (like 2000 calories or something)
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    TDEE on your 5 days is best.
    You will also find that your weight flucuates more when you are following the 5:2 routine. 5lb in a day and 8lb in a week are my biggest swings!

Makes it harder to actually know what your weight is so I just accept that it's in a range.