I LOVE THE BEATLES

i loved the beatles ever since i was 12 or 11 and i remember going on runs when i was listening to the beatles and it brings back so many memories from the time was 12 to 14. i remember the song "i wanna hold your hand" was the song i alwaysed ran to in the beginning of my running career.

Replies

• Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Love the Beatles!!.. we will never see another band like them ever..
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    I have been a huge fan since seeing them perform 'I Should Have Known Better'on tv nearly 50 years ago. They are the best and most innovative band in history, and the band that inspired all others. I have only deleted one friend on MFP, and it was because he said The Beatles were crap.
  • deckerp
    deckerp Posts: 4,378 Member
    Let me be clear, the Beatles are not crap.

Now, when I was young I didn't appreciate the Beatles. They broke up in about 70 and I was only seven. In Iowa they didn't get all that much airplay after 72 or 73 or so. That'd be when I listened to my transistor radio a ton. It was a birthday present. Sure I liked McCartney and some stuff by Harrison, but there wasn't so much from Ringo or Lennon at that point.

When I got to about high school Lennon made a huge comeback. One of my teachers was a big fan and that was a good enough reason to not care for him. My guy was Billy Joel about then. When Lennon was shot I didn't hear a huge revival of Beatles or Lennon music. I can't believe there wasn't, I just didn't hear it I guess.

Flash forward about fifteen years. After I was married about five years I bought a blue and red double CD collection of The Beatles. When my wife and I got home she had me play them all to see what songs she knew. She's three years younger than me. It was comical how many times she said, "They did that song?"

Needless to say I'm a much bigger Beatles fan than I ever was as a kid. I don't like everything they ever did just because it was The Beatles, but I like their stuff. We got The Beatles Rock Band game for the Wii. My kids really liked to play the game. That's the influence they've had on all of us. My dad says, "They ruined rock and roll." I like them more than ever. My kids like them as much as anyone else they hear on the radio today (when you can get them to admit it anyway).
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    hmmm - more of a Kinks fan myself :laugh:
  • stealthSLOTH
    stealthSLOTH Posts: 695 Member
    I totally approve of this thread! :flowerforyou: :smile: :glasses:
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Beatles was the first music that I ever had. Mum and dad went on holidays and brought me back the Beatles cassette.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    I love them, too. They have had a profound influence on so many artists, too.
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    I don't like the Beatles very much at all.

Please, let me explain further.

I am from Liverpool. We have a whole street in the city centre dedicated to them. They are everywhere. Their music and their legacy is engrained into my culture and my psyche. I know all of their songs, and I can sing along to them. But when I was growing up (in the 80's and 90's, mind you) my cup was filled well past the point of overflowing.

My non-Liverpudlian husband loves the Beatles, so their music is inflicted upon me regularly. And I smile and tell my children about them.

The only thing close to a claim to fame I have is that my nan used to be a cleaner for Paul McCartney's mum. She said that she was a bit of a cow.
  • pushyourself14
    pushyourself14 Posts: 275 Member
    love the beatles ♥!!
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Dear Prudence.
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    The Beatles was the first sound of the English language that I ever heard, at 8 yrs old. I fell in love with them in an instant and have loved them ever since. When I was 11 I had most songs memorized.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Yeah, yeah, yeah
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    I have been a huge fan since seeing them perform 'I Should Have Known Better'on tv nearly 50 years ago. They are the best and most innovative band in history, and the band that inspired all others. I have only deleted one friend on MFP, and it was because he said The Beatles were crap.

What a stupid reason to delete someone.

Listening to the Beatles makes you irrational.