Heart Rate Monitor and Fitness tracker ?

Options
2»

Replies

• RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I've had a polar FT4 for 8 months, I use it 5-6 days/week and sometimes multiple times per day. I love knowing the most accurate count for my workouts. I only use intentional exercise (or major projects, like we're in the middle of completely gutting our basement and garage to refinish) and it has been invaluable in my success. I can see my burns decreasing as I get more fit and I also see patterns when I compare similar workouts and intensity levels. It was a great investment. I got mine on heartratemonitorsusa.com and they have a promotion JS10DW for 10% off right now. They also offer pretty quick free shipping! Good luck!
  • gteachey
    gteachey Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I use a Garmin ForeRunner 305 :-). It's discontinued, big, bulky, but it does the job of accurately counting my calories and tracking my runs via GPS! I'm interested in switching to a FitBit after this one has run its course. I keep hearing good things about them.
  • planetthoughtful
    Options
    Does anyone know of a Heart Rate Sensor / Monitor that doesn't strap across the chest? I find this very uncomfortable to do due to Lupus / fibromyalgia complications and am wondering if I can get a different type of sensor strapping point?
  • piekillar
    piekillar Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The basis is a fitness tracker with a built in heart rate monitor, and the fitbit force isn't that accurate.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    The basis is a fitness tracker with a built in heart rate monitor, and the fitbit force isn't that accurate.
    Even Basis doesn't consider their monitor to offer traditional heart rate monitoring.

http://www.mybasis.com/blog/2012/11/heart-rate-tracking/

Fitbit is 2/3 of all activity trackers sold, so it can't be that inaccurate. I lost a lot of weight with a Classic Fitbit and it was accurate for me.