NOT LOSING WEIGHT

Options
I HAVE COMPLETELY CHANGED MY EATING HABITS AND ADDED EXERCISE TO MY LIFE. I AM NOT LOSING WEIGHT?

Replies

• MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    It might help if you gave more details regarding this very general question.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Are you logging your food? How accurate is your logging? Are you tracking your exercise? What and how much are you doing? What's your calorie goal and how close do you hit it most day?

Also how long have you been at these new changes?
  • MadisonLeo
    Options
    I would add weight training to your routine. That will really force your body to burn more calories to aid your muscles in the routine.
    Also, are you working out enough to burn what you eat? Eating healthy is amazing, but you also can eat too much if you are not working out long enough OR not burning enough calories during your workouts. A Heart Rate Monitor is a great way to track what you are burning and then you can make sure regardless of what you eat, that you burn enough to be under your calorie goal by day's end.

Hope this helps!
  • wllwsmmr
    wllwsmmr Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is about a calorie deficit. How long have you been at it? Elaborate on your eating habits and exercise, current weight and height. Open your diary and people could help better. Don't panic.
  • devansmom2
    Options
    I AM LOGGING EVERYTHING. I REDUCED MY ALLOWED CALORIES FROM 1800 TO 1600. 90% OFF MY DIET IS RAW FRUITS AND VEGIES. I USED TO BE VEGAN AND VERY HEALTHY, TRYING TO GET BACK TO THAT. I AM STAYING WITHIN MY ALLOWED CALORIES BUT, NOT DROPPING.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Diary is closed. Please open it.

Also, please don't type in all caps.
  • devansmom2
    Options
    HOW DO I OPEN MY DIARY SO YOU CAN SEE TO HELP?
  • devansmom2
    Options
    Sorry about the all caps. I'm at work and have to keep my sys on all caps for the screens I use and always forget to change.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    HOW DO I OPEN MY DIARY SO YOU CAN SEE TO HELP?

Are you mad at us all?! :grumble:

settings, diary settings, public
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    How long have you tried eating 1600 calories. Also, what are your stats: height, weight. And what is your work out routine?

Also, please don't type in caps, it signifies screaming.

To open your diary

home <--- settings <--- diary settings.
  • Vaisaxena
    Vaisaxena Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Protein - lots of it.
    I AM LOGGING EVERYTHING. I REDUCED MY ALLOWED CALORIES FROM 1800 TO 1600. 90% OFF MY DIET IS RAW FRUITS AND VEGIES. I USED TO BE VEGAN AND VERY HEALTHY, TRYING TO GET BACK TO THAT. I AM STAYING WITHIN MY ALLOWED CALORIES BUT, NOT DROPPING.
  • MadisonLeo
    Options
    Are you netting 1600 or is that your total? You won't really lose weight if you are not eating enough. The trick is to eat at least 1600, then exercise to bring your calorie count into a deficit.

If you start to think NET instead of TOTAL, you will begin to see the weight come off again.
  • bryionak
    bryionak Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Also your body may need a few weeks to adjust. I am in my 5th week and it is really starting to come off for me now. Also don;t forget to do measurements and how you feel. That could be a better indicator.