Need of encouragement !

Ladi_T
Ladi_T Posts: 2 Member
So I has been at this diet thing consistently since February 13, 2013. I have lost 32pounds so far and it's getting pretty ruff. I signed up for a gym and only went once :frown: . One of my co-worker was dieting with me but quickly stopped. OMG I have 38 more pounds to go and it feels like everyday is getting harder and harder. :frown:

Replies

• jclimey
    jclimey Posts: 14
    You are doing great. I started January of this year and have lost 11 lbs and I am happy. I figure we didn't put the weight on overnight so it won't come off overnight. Also I hate to exercise, so I'm not, just walking some. I feel better with 11 lbs gone, I'm sure you feel much better too. Keep up the good work.
  • ciarabubs
    ciarabubs Posts: 66 Member
    You have done fantastic so far. I joined Curves with my friends and they have all stopped so just go myself. The girls I work with don't need to diet and can eat whatever they want so decided not to say I am doing this . My hubby seems to buy junk the minute I mention I am cutting down. Also I don't really think of this as diet, just a new healthy way of eating. I am only on my second week of MFP but the support you get is fab Keep up the good work :smile:
  • msamwhite
    msamwhite Posts: 4 Member
    It seems hard but remember that it's worth it. Don't diet...change your lifestyle, your eating habits, the way you cook, eat, and think about food. That was one of my biggest challenges, my diet, my food intake. But once I stopped trying to diet and just changed what I ate and how I cooked completely, it helped me so much. Keep at it...I had to learn to think of what I wanted in the long run instead of what I wanted right now...the cookie or the piece of cake or the fried foods. Think of the gym as an outlet. I go, get on the treadmill, blast my music, and forget where I am...lol. But no, seriously, find an accountability partner. It helps A LOT! Some one to help you stay on track. If you need any other help or just an extra push let me know. I know what it's like and I want to help people get where they want to me. :-)
  • Hey don't beat yourself up, 32 lbs. is 32 lbs. or the way I like to motivate myself, I compare the 9 lbs. I've lost since Jan (and yes I too give myself a hard time) to 9 bricks of butter! So you've lost 32 of them! :) Which is fabulous!! Congratulate, yourself don't give yourself a guilt trip!!! :) So just shake it up a little bit, get someone to walk with you or if you do get to the gym, don't overwhelm yourself...just go on the treadmill or elliptical for 20 minutes and build yourself up a little at a time. Be strong and good luck! Stick with it! (now I have to give myself the same pep-talk! )
  • IamLoriJ
    IamLoriJ Posts: 124 Member
    32 lbs since February is excellent. Don't get discourged at how far you have to go but look at how far you have come already! You are doing great. If the gym isn't for you try something else, a walk in the park, an excercise class, a dvd - you have to find the thing that works for you and that you will want to do. It takes time and perserverence but you can do it!
  • karenkazza
    karenkazza Posts: 6 Member
    Just think,what u have lost so far 32lbs is good. Don't give up just think of how good you are feeling the way you are looking now, we all have days like this but keep motivated, don't think of it as a diet. I still eat what I want but smaller portions and I include it in my calories.

Our doing well, keep going. Xx
  • Lind5ay90
    Lind5ay90 Posts: 376 Member
    That is incredible to have lost that much weight in just 2 short months! Be proud of that! Don't give up. Remember how amazing it felt to initially lose what you DID lose.
    It's a lifestyle change. As opposed to saying "Oh, I can't have that white bread, I'm on a diet" learn to say "Oh, I DON'T EAT white bread." You'll develop habits and eventually you'll drop to where you want to be.
    Good luck!
  • JennChamb
    JennChamb Posts: 55
    You've got this is the bag Hun! You've stuck with it this long and you've lost a lot. You're almost there, keep it up!
  • NLE74
    NLE74 Posts: 1
    Keep plugging away at the weight! I have had two co-workers already quit the weight loss adventure with me also. I refuse to back down an quit. You are doing this for you and only you! If you need a buddy add me!
    I have lost 12 pounds prior to joining My Fitness Pal and I have lost 3 pounds since joining. It is a long journey, but it took a long time to add the weight on. Keep up the good work!
  • Hodgie12345
    Hodgie12345 Posts: 51 Member
    GET BACK ON IT SWEETIE ! I just went to gym today and feel fab. I feel off the wagon last summer having lost 42lbs and its taken me this long to get back. Sat there today and it felt like I had never been away. SO GO FOR IT IT WILL KICK BACK IN. Lovin ya from the UK ;-) Hodgie x
  • jparks341
    jparks341 Posts: 216 Member
    32lbs loss since Feb is awesome! One of the things that helped me was my mindset, this is not a diet but a lifestyle. Diet says you do something for awhile and then you stop. For me this is something I will be doing for the rest of my life and I plan on it being a long one. It is more fun and feels easier when you have a friend doing it with you. I always remind myself that I'm doing this for me, so when my friends don't want to go walking during lunch it doesn't stop me from going. We are creatures of habit and I created habits of eating the right foods first. And also a routine of walking everyday at lunch before I ate. The friends that you connect with on MFP will help you as much as they can. You will have to do your part also, logging and creating good habits. Good luck on this awesome journey. Remember if it was really easy everyone would be doing it. :)
  • Ladi_T
    Ladi_T Posts: 2 Member
    OMG! You guys are so great thank you so much for the much needed but. I wish great progress to everyone.
  • Lauramh31
    Lauramh31 Posts: 95 Member
    Maybe try to think of it in smaller chunks, when I saw your post I immediately though - wow almost half way!!! You've been doing things right so far, so keep it up! Like others said, I try to remind myself about how much better I actually feel when I am eating healthy things (less gas, more energy, etc). When I don't want to work out I try to remind myself how good I always feel when I'm done. If I don't work out, I usually regret it, but when i do workout I never regret it and I'm always proud of myself and feeling good :smile: So maybe reminding yourself of those two things will help when you're thinking of falling off the wagon. Good luck!!
  • Look how far you've come!! You're beautiful! You can do this! Feel free to add me, I go through the same struggle & I'm super supportive :)
  • alglenn2013
    alglenn2013 Posts: 97 Member
    First, Wow! you are doing so good! Keep it up! I'm doing this on my own too, and I know how hard it can be to stay motivated.

Second, short warning, this may sound strange. I joined a gym in January. I HATE going to the gym! I made myself go 4 days a week, and slogged through every workout. I tried music of all kinds, but the time seemed to creep along as fast as a turtle in peanut butter. Then I got the Netflix app on my phone. I started a series (Dr.Who!!) and only watch it while I'm on the treadmill. Ok, I admit I do cheat and watch it a little at home before bedtime. The difference with me was I was finally able to lose myself in the show and stopped watching the clock. Once I was able to distract myself from how much time I had left I was able to do longer workouts without getting annoyed. Hope this helps!