WooHoo! Singing "Happy Mother's Day to me"!!!

Options
Doing the Happy Dance!!! I slowly stepped onto my scale this morning as I wondered if I would make my goal by Mother's Day; and I was greeted with the number I've been aiming for... Stepped off and on again, pinched myself to make sure I was awake, and stepped on again! :laugh: Yup! I'm there!!!! Still got some additional firming up of abdomen to do, and gotta learn some healthy "maintenace" routines, but me and my butt are in a far, far better place now than we were for last Christmas's family video... LOL :laugh:

Don't have any before and after pics because I didn't like having my picture taken before, and I didn't believe I would be successful at this, so I didn't take one when I started this journey either. But there does exist that above mentioned Christmas video -- which was taken for my Dad (on his 94th birthday) and the rest of the family to have for ages to come... :ohwell: But I take consolation in knowing that there will be videos taken at my nephew's upcoming wedding (July). The parents are very much into videos, etc, and you better believe I'm not going to hide in the shadows when the camera is running... :drinker: :laugh:

Thanks to everyone on MFP who encouraged me along the way and inspired me by posting their experiences.
Hoping that you will all get to experience "this wonderful moment". God bless all of you!!! :smile:

Replies

• Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! I'm so happy for you!!!! :) Very inspiring!!! YOU DID IT!!!!! :D
  • ukredhead19
    ukredhead19 Posts: 176
    Options
    Congrats on such a huge accomplishment!! You are inspiring to me...I can do this!!
  • catfan
    catfan Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou: Good Job~~:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • KeriD
    KeriD Posts: 324
    Options
    Love that for you :flowerforyou:
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Way to go, that is awesome!!!
  • Beleau
    Beleau Posts: 143
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!!FANTASTIC!!!!!SUPER!!!!!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Good job!!
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    How awesome for you!
  • amk44
    amk44 Posts: 159
    Options
    Thanks, everyone. They say never to look back, but only forward... but I wish MFP had been in my life thirty years ago. But better later than never...:ohwell: I hadn't even realized how much my weight was affecting my self image, and how far I had spiraled downward. When I set my goal, I set a number that was in the healthy range, but I had no idea that it was also going to be in the high self image range. I've never seen a "table" showing self image quantified - 'cause how could that be measured and represented?...

If you are reading this and are having any doubts about if you should start this journey, or continue this journey... let me tell you IT IS WORTH THE EFFORT... I'm glad this site emphasizes the "healthy" way to lose weight, because the process then results not only in a great number on a scale and more energy, it also results in healthier life style habits. It's a WIN, WIN, WIN, WIN,... approach! :love:

I laugh when I listen to the ads for the many expensive programs out there when I know that I was able to succeed by doing it the economical way. The money I saved at MFP was spent on fresh fruits and vegetables and low calorie/low sodium groceries. :wink:

Thanks again, everyone, for your good wishes, and I send them right back to you! Congratulate yourself for any small successes, because little by little, step by step, exercise by exercise you will obtain the goal that you have set for yourself... :heart:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!