Not chit-chat, fun or games but also not fitness related

Options
2»

Replies

• bonitacash08
    bonitacash08 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    In this situation, I truly feel the worst for him. Not me, and not our puppy. She's a healthy, happy girl and she really wants to please. But if he doesn't change his attitude and expectations he'll never know the companionship that a good dog can offer :frown:
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    In this situation, I truly feel the worst for him. Not me, and not our puppy. She's a healthy, happy girl and she really wants to please. But if he doesn't change his attitude and expectations he'll never know the companionship that a good dog can offer :frown:

Maybe you can help show him? His dad obviously shouldn't have been a dog owner if that's how he's treated his pets. My animals have always been and will always be my family. I don't have human kids, just furry kids and I treat them like that.

Pitbulls aren't much different from a lab. They are great dogs and loving, but they do need to be socialized and trained...which is the same case for any dog, but if a lab nips at someone, no one cares...if a pit does, it can get put down for just being a pit. See if you both can work on training with her and explain this to him. If he doesn't want to put the work in, then she should be your dog, not his OR find the dog a loving home that has experience with dogs. Not a shelter, but a real home. It is almost like you have to treat him like a child...if you can' take care of a pet, you shouldn't have one.