Blame it on the alcohol

Options

Replies

• 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    A beer is about 135 calories. If you don't go overboard, you can fit that in your caloric goals easily.

10 beers? not so much.

Miller 64 has, well, 64 calories. I like it. For beer drinkers, give it a chance.
  • ShellGetsFit
    ShellGetsFit Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! I love this thread!! :love:
    Red wine is one of the culprits of my weight gain and maintaining it. So I've cut it out for the most part aside from one night a week. Not sure if any other countries have it but here in Canada we have Skinny Girl wine, it's fantastic and about 90 cals a glass if I remember correctly.
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    white tequila, lime juice, club soda,
    vodka, diet cranberry, lime jiuce
    my fav's
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Any booze will be about 80 cals a shot. Pair it up with a no calorie mixer and thats the best you can do.
    Stay away from the syrupy things like snaps and such as they are loaded with sugar and more calories.

Have fun!

Most liquors are around 80 calories per ounce, but a lot of US shots are 1.5 ounces, so estimating 100-120 is a safer bet. Bar drinks will often have 2-3 ounces of liquor, which put you up to 160-200 calories.

Good point. Unless you make it yourself you really can't be sure how much you are getting.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Sorry, you lost me at "NO BEER".
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    Vodka is probably the best bet, but if you really like Mike's Hard drinks, the lemonade comes in a light version. It's not a perfect option, but it's much better than the full calorie version.

Actually, Jack Daniels wins out over Vodka by 20 calories per .oz... I usually do Jack and Diets when I go out.
  • fitbum19
    fitbum19 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    flavored vodka and sparkling water or diet club soda.
  • kristendaae1227
    Options
    I think Skyy makes a low calorie vodka
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Vodka is probably the best bet, but if you really like Mike's Hard drinks, the lemonade comes in a light version. It's not a perfect option, but it's much better than the full calorie version.

Actually, Jack Daniels wins out over Vodka by 20 calories per .oz... I usually do Jack and Diets when I go out.

Didn't realize that, I thought all hard liquor was around 70 cals per oz
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    EAT
    DRINK
    BE MERRY
    BUT work it off, it is rather simple.
    burn 1000 calories a day, and then drink your face off!

I like you.
  • brittaney_lee
    brittaney_lee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've just discovered Skinny Girl Vodka. (30 cals / shot)

Diet 7up, Vodka, Mio (I used blue)

sooo good.!!!

30 cals/drink. :)
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Light Margaritas...just get the light mix (10 cals/serving)
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    A beer is about 135 calories. If you don't go overboard, you can fit that in your caloric goals easily.

10 beers? not so much.

Miller 64 has, well, 64 calories. I like it. For beer drinkers, give it a chance.

When I'm really desperate, I have Bud 55. Basically flavored, colored water, but sometimes it works.
  • synthomarsh
    synthomarsh Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I know my biggest problem isnt the cals in what I drink but what I eat after... when I am wasted I just dont care about anything and will eat any food around lol I would go with just straight shots if your worried bout the cals
  • swissbrit
    swissbrit Posts: 201
    Options
    Martini with mineral water and ice in a bigggggggggggggggggggggg glass to make it last longer :-)
  • susiepet
    susiepet Posts: 68
    Options
    Mmm - I had a couple of glasses of wine last night and felt rough this morning. No big deal - except I used to drink a bottle before I felt any effect the next day. That's what switching to 0.5% lager gets you!

Having said that - enjoy yourself! After all, unless you live a more exciting life than me you presumably only have one fiancee who has only one birthday party a year?

Sxx:drinker:
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I have turned to beer... Mich Ultra 95 cals a bottle (or can) :drinker:

I usggest Amstel light for the beer drinkers. Same calories, much more and better flavor!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

Didn't realize that, I thought all hard liquor was around 70 cals per oz

I just checked and I am finding 65-69 calories per oz for Jack Daniels which is almost the same as vodka that I can find.
  • Zelinna
    Zelinna Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I have had to change my drinking habbits since I started watching my calories. No big calorie filled beers for me. I tend to stick to rum and diet coke or, my new favorite, gin with diet grapefruit.

When I don't feel like having a diet soda I pair gin with soda water and a splash of lemon. It works quite well.
  • TTHdred
    TTHdred Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I am a vodka soda water with a spritz of Mio myself. Not only because of the low calorie, but also the low sugar. You can also try flavored vodka and soda (but I think they have more sugar).
    I have to say, I recommend getting a work out in. Its good to pay attention to your calories so you don’t want to let your guard down. But you would be in so much better a mood and have so much more fun it you can sneak even a quick 200 cal burn before.