I'm out of hiding!

bumblemoo
bumblemoo Posts: 10
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hello,

Signed up to MFP about a month ago but I've just been having a nose around to see if it's for me and I must admit I rather love it.
Lots of friendly posts & tips, it's excellent.

I'm Gemz by the way, the continually seated civil servant, trying to get active & maybe a little smaller starting by saying "no thanks" to cakes & not looking at Marks & Spencer (my office next door neighbour) :)

I love to talk a lot so feel free to say hi!

Replies

• catfan
    catfan Posts: 90 Member
    HI!!:flowerforyou: Good luck on your journey and kick that scales butt!
  • jewelinvic
    jewelinvic Posts: 332
    Hi!!! :drinker: Welcome to MFP! You'll love it here, so many helpful people and friendly too!

Feel free to add me as a friend :smile:
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    yay for you! :flowerforyou: i know how hard the office environment can be! friggin sweets everywhere! everyone always bringing in some treat for some occasion! :explode: its def hard to say NO! :noway: so good luck to you! :drinker:

PS- I have found if you say "quit it" to your office neighbors that they will be kind and respect you for making better choices some of my coworkers have even started to bring healthier treats like fruit cups and applesauce! :love:
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Howdy, Welcome to MFP. Good luck on your journey.
  • SimonLondon
    SimonLondon Posts: 350
    The cakes and sweets are also a daily occurrence where I work but I very rarely get tempted because I know how much running on the treadmill I would need to do to burn it off. When I look at it like that everything sweet means sweat and aches :smile:

I have 2 people around me now going to the gym so it does rub off pretty quickly :smile:
  • roadchic18
    roadchic18 Posts: 128
    Hi Gemz, I have 2 girls also and know what you mean about being a role model. I just joined this site today but already I can't believe how supportive everyone is. Good luck!
  • bumblemoo
    bumblemoo Posts: 10
    Thank you everyone, you're all lovely!

I'm going to buy myself some blinkers for work I think. There are sweets in the drawers & cakes for every occasion & whoever does something outstanding in a week gets posh choccies! (Actually maybe a blindfold would be better!) I am going to persevere though I've been saying no without anyone noticing for a couple of weeks now so I must have some hidden willpower somewhere.

My tiny chicks are very supportive (they're 6 & 4 so they think everything I do is great) they were helping me by sitting on my tummy while I tried to do situps :sick:

By the way I'm a rubbish cook (my girls pretty much live on potatoes, veg & meat or some variant ie pasta, salad, fish, rice) I can't follow a recipe for toffee so any tips especially lunch time tips would be greatly appreciated!
This discussion has been closed.