Color Run Question

Options
I'm doing a 5k Colormania run tomorrow with my "almost" 4 year old (he'll be wearing sunglasses).

I'm debating... if I wear contact lenses and sunglasses, will that be ok? Or should I stick with my regular eye glasses?

Should I bring a bandana or something to cover his mouth? I know it's cornstarch with coloring, but to those that have ran it, is the powder really uncomfortable/choking?

Replies

• cristina9980
    cristina9980 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I did one of these last year with my 2 year old. I did not take a bandana. Honestly there wasn't enough cornstarch to hurt him. I wear contacts and just wore sunglasses and was fine. I also had my son wear sunglasses. The people along the course were very nice, when we passed by with my son they would be careful how they threw the cornstarch so it didn't end up in his face. We had a lot of fun. Good luck tomorrow.
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • galenofedgewood
    galenofedgewood Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Sunglasses will be good.

My avatar is what happens at a colour run!
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I'm doing one tomorrow too! Have fun. :)
  • graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Have fun, they look like a blast!

I'm doing the Color Vibe 5K in May. I'm a little nervous because I can't run 5K. Do a lot of people walk them? I don't want to stand out too much by walking it... :ohwell:
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I think you'll be fine! I plan on jogging as much as I can and will probably end up walking most of it too. From what I've heard, the Color Run (and other races like it) are so laid back, it's more about having fun. :)
  • galenofedgewood
    galenofedgewood Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Honestly, they're usually more of a fun run than a "must complete this without stopping" run. Because if nothing else, who can take themselves serious when they're all colored in blues, oranges, pinks, greens, etc?
  • WanderingLass
    WanderingLass Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Have fun, they look like a blast!

I'm doing the Color Vibe 5K in May. I'm a little nervous because I can't run 5K. Do a lot of people walk them? I don't want to stand out too much by walking it... :ohwell:

I did a Color Run last year and walked the entire way. Most people did. You'll be fine!!

To the OP - I wore contacts and sunglasses and no problems. They do a good job of keeping the color aimed at your torso and legs. If you really want the color to stick to your **** like a dye, get the shirt wet first. I noticed that where my shirt got wet from sprinklers the color really stuck. The rest of it is very pastel-y - even after it sat for 2 weeks, got sprayed with vinegar and ironed, hung out to dry in the sun, then washed. I did all I could to stain it! :laugh:

Have a great time!!
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to choke and go blind from a fog of cornstarch color. :laugh:

Thanks for the tip on saving the color too! I'm hoping to keep the colors on our shirts for me and my son! I'm excited!
  • Woomytron
    Woomytron Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I so wanna do a color run with my son. He is nearly 3 and would have a blast. I think we are going to have to wait till next year though. :grumble:
  • Resa52
    Resa52 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Not to hijack the thread, but will a color run run my shoes? My running shoes are also my work shoes (since I'm on my feet allll day, dashing around) and I'm worried that they won't be work appropriate after the race LOL
  • ashleyoh33
    ashleyoh33 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Not to hijack the thread, but will a color run run my shoes? My running shoes are also my work shoes (since I'm on my feet allll day, dashing around) and I'm worried that they won't be work appropriate after the race LOL

Ditto. Will my shoes get stained??