can lose weight

Options
For the past two weeks, I have been hitting the gym 5 days a week and really watching my eating habits. However, I have gain 3 pounds now. Does any know why this is happening? I am sad over working so hard and gaining weight.

Replies

• miked7344
    miked7344 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I know it's easy to get discouraged. I went 3 months without losing a single pound. Plateaus happen. If this is a new routine for you then your body is adjusting and possible adding some muscle. Don't give up whatever you do. There are other indicators that are equally as important as the scale readings, such as how your clothes are fitting. Keep at it. The scale will start to show improvement eventually.
  • DandelionCupcakes
    DandelionCupcakes Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Keep at it, make sure you're being honest with your logging. 2 weeks isn't a very long time :3
    I notice when I start a new work out, I gain at first. I dunno if my body holds on to water or what it is, but that just happens. Maybe something about putting stress on new muscles, Idk.. All I know is I experience it often. 3 pounds is nothing <3

Edited to encourage you to take measurements and go by them!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    For the past two weeks, I have been hitting the gym 5 days a week and really watching my eating habits. However, I have gain 3 pounds now. Does any know why this is happening? I am sad over working so hard and gaining weight.

Water weight. When you start exercising or increase intensity your muscles store more water. It can easily mask small losses.
    Keep going. It took me a month to see the scale move but the photos showed a big difference.
  • xscarletXbegoniasx
    Options

for how long have you been following this routine? like the previous person said it could be muscle, it could also be your salt intake is too high. pay more attention to how your clothes look/feel rather than what the scale says or else you're going to get let down often because the scale (especially for women) will fluctuate a LOT. Good luck :)
  • CupcakesAndRazorblades
    Options
    Do you have more energy? Are your clothes fitting better? Do you feel bad *kitten* cause you are working harder than you have before? Count those as accomplishments and forget the scale! :bigsmile: Keep at it and you'll get where you want to be!
  • Sarahmeridith
    Sarahmeridith Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    did this for 2 weeks, working out 6 days a week and watching what I ate, but I wasnt counting... I starting counting again and lost 3 pounds in two days!