Mother's Day Brunch Ideas

Options
shellshalla
shellshalla Posts: 263 Member
On Sunday, I am making a Mother's Day Brunch for my Mother and my Sister (who is also a mother). I want to keep it healthy but tasty. I have a few ideas from online sources of egg dishes and fruit dishes. But I was wondering if anyone on MFP had any recipes for me also. :) I was hoping to make an egg dish, a muffin/pancake/waffle/toast kind of dish, and a fruit dish. Thanks!!!

Replies

• Alita2011
    Alita2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Link from AOL

http://www.kitchendaily.com/2010/05/04/10-breakfast-and-brunch-recipes/?tb=gal&icid=main|main|dl3|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kitchendaily.com%2F2010%2F05%2F04%2F10-breakfast-and-brunch-recipes%2F%3Ftb%3Dgal#axzz0n4WLJI74
  • cbnorris
    cbnorris Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it yet, but in the HUngry Girl 1-2-3 book thatere's a recipe for cannoli-stuffed french toast nuggets

PER SERVING (entire recipe):
    228 calories, 6.5g fat, 395mg sodium, 31g carbs, 3g fiber, 10.5g sugars, 12.5g protein

I think they sound delicious. recipe is not online but i can look it up in the book for you if you're interested, I did find this similar one online as well

Cinnamon Vanilla French Toast Nuggets
    Hungry Girl 200 Under 200

2 hot dog buns
    1/3 cup egg substitute
    1 tsp Coffee Mate Sugar Free French Vanilla powder creamer
    2 dashes cinnamon
    Optional toppings: sugar-free pancake syrup

Split each hot dog bun and cut each of the halves into 4 pieces, leaving you with 16 chunks of bread. In a small bowl, dissolve creamer in 1 tbsp warm water. Add egg substitute and 1 dash cinnamon, stirring until mixed well. Bring a large pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray to MED-HIGH heat. Dip or soak bread pieces in egg mixture, covering them completely. Place egg-dipped bread in the pan and cook for 3-6 minutes, flipping occasionally to cook all sides. Remove from heat and plate your nuggets. Sprinkle with another dash cinnamon. If you like, top with sugar-free pancake syrup.

Makes 2 servings of 8 nuggets each.

Nutritional analysis - For 8 nuggets - 151 calorie, 2.25g fat, 200mg sodium, 24g carbs, 1.5g fiber, 3.5g sugar, 8.5g protein
  • flwyland
    flwyland Posts: 142
    Options
    I found this one on the Pilsbury Website.

Asparagus-Potato Brunch Bake

1 TB margarine
    1 cup sliced green onions
    8 eggs (or 2 cups fat-free egg product)
    1/2 cup fat-free milk
    3 cups frozen Southern-style diced hash brown potatoes, thawed
    2 cups diced lean cooked ham
    1 box (9oz) frozen asparagus cuts, thawed, drained (or use 8oz fresh, cut)
    1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Heat oven to 350. Spray 9X13 pan with cooking spray. In 8" skillet, cook onions in margarine until tender.
    In large bowl, mix eggs & milk. Stir in onions, potatoes, ham and asparags. Pour into baking dish. Top with cheese.
    Bake 30-35 minutes, until set.
    Makes 8 servings.

Says in the recipe that a serving made with eggs has 270 calories (170 from fat, 13g), 245 mg cholesterol, 530 mg sodium, 19g carbs, 18g protien. If made with egg product calories are reduced to 220 with 8g fat. I'm sure it would be lower still with a low-fat cheese and cooking spray to saute the onions instead of margarine.