Thai Yoga Massage

Options
Has anyone had one? There is a local groupon deal and I'd kind of like to try it but it looks a little intimate. For some reason I have less of a problem being completely naked and having someone give me a massage than being fully clothed and having some guy's foot right near my cooch and my legs up over his shoulders. Does this help with knots in the back or am I better off getting a traditional massage. I have a lot of upper back pain and my back is just loaded with knots.

I'm not a prude but I do have issues with strangers all up in my junk. If it's worth it for my body I'll do it. Maybe I should just send the bf to train to do it for me. :wink:

Replies

• micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I have had one. It's definitely different. They had me change into some sweet gear and drink green tea. It's obviously not a relaxing lay there massage. I had a woman do my massage. It took some time to relax, because you want to kind of tense up when someone is touching you and moving your legs in weird motions. To be honest, I don't remember it being spectacular. I am like you, my main concern is my head, neck shoulders and back. My thai massage was a full body, spending alot of time on my legs, feet, arms, etc. I don't know if you can specify certain areas.

If you only want your upper body done, I'd probably get a deep tissue over a thai massage.
  • jianop
    jianop Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I just saw this deal and thought the same thing! I've never had one but I am intrigued.
  • mtegio
    mtegio Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My masseusse at my accupuncture sessions uses Thai technique: Think MMA/jiu jitsu submission holds meets Rolfing.... Hahaha, I feel like I've been hit by a train when it's over, but within a day feel pretty great.
  • sriley721
    sriley721 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I do 3-4 times a month. It took a few visits to be comfortable bring nude but the professionalism shows and makes me comfortable. Now its no big deal. I feel so much better and my body tells me when its time to go again. Go for it and relax and enjoy!
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I do 3-4 times a month. It took a few visits to be comfortable bring nude but the professionalism shows and makes me comfortable. Now its no big deal. I feel so much better and my body tells me when its time to go again. Go for it and relax and enjoy!

Are you saying you're nude when they do these moves??
    thaiyoga-1.jpg
    If so, you may have grounds for a lawsuit
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options

Are you saying you're nude when they do these moves??
    thaiyoga-1.jpg
    If so, you may have grounds for a lawsuit

Nude?? Oh hell no. I can't imagine doing that nude! I had to put on some scrub type clothing. It had a drawstring and was baggy.
  • april1445
    april1445 Posts: 334
    Options
    I compare it to assisted yoga. It's good--really shows you where you're tight etc. It is a little more intimate than traditional massage though.