Have you ever been used as a stepping stone?

Options
2»

Replies

• Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Well it's ignorant to call that a stepping stone, because a stepping stone is a rock at ground level or in water that one uses to traverse terrain.

This is more akin to a stepladder or step-stool.

Hence, ignorant.

I :heart: you so hard, Burt.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    What an ignorant post.

Agreed :/

It's funny. Her kid is standing on her butt. I mean come on, that's funny!

I have to agree w/ Dani on this one.

Maybe one of the more enlightened ones can enlighten me: what's not funny about this pic?

chinese-female-bodyguards-training-on-beach-sanya-hainan-13.jpg
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Well it's ignorant to call that a stepping stone, because a stepping stone is a rock at ground level or in water that one uses to traverse terrain.

This is more akin to a stepladder or step-stool.

Hence, ignorant.

Maybe there are other stepping stones leading up to this stepping stone that get higher with each step?
  • OneEyeUp
    OneEyeUp Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    What an ignorant post.

I'm going to agree with you.

Please elaborate. What exactly is ignorant about it?

I'm curious, too. How is it ignorant?

We can all feign ignorance here, but we know that this is about the size of the woman's butt. An ongoing racial joke of black women in general. I don't appreciate the unspoken and implied references toward them. And being that I know most of you will claim bloody mary, I will now exit and not return to this thread.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I find it amazing how each person stores weight differently. Look at her hip to butt ratio... my word, if she lost all the extra weight, would her waist disappear?

I don't think it is an ignorant post, as this woman chose to use her butt as a shelf for her child, thereby acknowledging that there is junk there to be stood on.

The OP wasn't calling her down or putting her down, but the OP was showing a pic that makes people take notice.

just my two cents.

but wow what a hourglass.

ETA... I always notice the waist to hip/butt ratio because I don't have much of an hourglass shape - i lean toward the boxy/athletic shape. And I don't know that there was an intended cultural dig either... I've seen many a white woman with that much junk in their trunk too.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    What an ignorant post.

We can all feign ignorance here, but we know that this is about the size of the woman's butt. An ongoing racial joke of black women in general. I don't appreciate the unspoken and implied references toward them. And being that I know most of you will claim bloody mary, I will now exit and not return to this thread.

People need to quit looking for reasons to be offended
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    What if the woman in the photo was white? Would we be all butthurt about it then? Because I know some caucasian females with similar body shapes.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options

Interesting that this is where your mind went when looking at the photo. I didn't think about anything you've mentioned above. Pretty ignorant of you, if you ask me.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

Hehe! Their weenies are the stepping stone! BAHAHA!

ETA: I used to use my stomach as a "stepping stone" for my plate.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I'm really curious about the "bloody mary" reference. What does that mean?

Also, this thread wins with a Top Secret clip.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options

Interesting that this is where your mind went when looking at the photo. I didn't think about anything you've mentioned above. Pretty ignorant of you, if you ask me.

I thought she looked more cuban to be to be honest. Maybe this is sexist too. I mean the boy is stepping on his mother. You know men over women.

no-time-to-explain.jpg
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    What an ignorant post.

While I can't speak for anyone else, I can honestly say that I did not consider her race at all (until just now when you brought it up).

I keep forgetting that some people think I should take someone's race into consideration when determining whether or not something is funny, appropriate, etc.

...and then I remember, no, I don't, and shouldn't.
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options

this^^^^^^
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    What an ignorant post.

My sister is of the stoutest whitest German stock, and she has a butt you could serve dinner for 8 on. But yeah, pointing it out is completely racist of me. I'm so anti white booty.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see being upset. My mind didn't go there at first, but then again, it's not something I'm sensitive about.

There is a stereotype associated with it, not just regarding a stereotypical African female shape, but also related to the stereotype of hypersexuality that black people have been historically associated with. To wit,

Baartman.jpg

I post this not to be silly nor inflammatory but to give some context as to why someone might be sensitive about this.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    What an ignorant post.

While I can't speak for anyone else, I can honestly say that I did not consider her race at all (until just now when you brought it up).

I keep forgetting that some people think I should take someone's race into consideration when determining whether or not something is funny, appropriate, etc.

...and then I remember, no, I don't, and shouldn't.

^ This, srsly.

And hello, I'm pretty sure the woman put her kid there HERSELF. It's not like someone photoshopped the kid there to make it a joke picture.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options

Wait . . . black women have big butts?
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    um, no,,, but if someone did, i may smash them to bits.
This discussion has been closed.