Replies

• drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Coronas. Like 10 of them.
  • DVaughan1975
    DVaughan1975 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Nothing with Chorizo Sausage. I didn't realize how much fat was in that until I cooked it one night and entered into MFP. I agree with everyone else ......pass on the chips : )
  • hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Yep! San Antonioan here!
    Chicken fajitas with corn tortillas, no sour cream or cheese, no chips, no margarita.

But you are stronger than me, cuz I would eat ALL the chips and have 2 margaritas. I'm a Texan and Mexican food is the reason I will never have a 6-pack :)
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Fried Ice Cream.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I'm boring I guess. When I go there I just eat the grilled chicken and throw out the fajitas.

the hell you say?

I'M BORING I GUESS. WHEN I GO THERE I JUST EAT THE GRILLED CHICKEN AND THROW OUT THE FAJITAS.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    I remember a place growing up that served 3 salsas with the chips: mild, hot, and a medium that was served warm. The warm was the best. I usually get chicken enchiladas, green sauce if they got it. Skip the refried beans, get black instead if they have them. And a Bohemia or Negra Modelo. I'm not interesting enough for Dos Equis.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I'm boring I guess. When I go there I just eat the grilled chicken and throw out the fajitas.

the hell you say?

I'M BORING I GUESS. WHEN I GO THERE I JUST EAT THE GRILLED CHICKEN AND THROW OUT THE FAJITAS.

Well played. Well played, indeed.
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    search this topic and you'll find a million threads

If you had time to post THIS, why couldn't you have posted your thoughts on the situation?

OP - I would say your best bet is to stay AWAY from the chips and dips and margaritas. Focus your calories on your entree and enjoy it. Chicken is always a lean option. Maybe quesadillas without sour cream?
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    We are having tacos tonight at home. I'm going to put the taco meat on a salad, add in the veggies and salsa and have a taco salad. By eliminating the tortillas, I get rid of calories that I don't want/need, but I still get the delicious "insides" of the tacos. I don't add cheese or sour cream because I don't want to. :)
  • FranksRumHam
    FranksRumHam Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    search this topic and you'll find a million threads

If you had time to post THIS, why couldn't you have posted your thoughts on the situation?

OP - I would say your best bet is to stay AWAY from the chips and dips and margaritas. Focus your calories on your entree and enjoy it. Chicken is always a lean option. Maybe quesadillas without sour cream?

those ARE the thoughts on the situation. search and there are tons of answers.

plus, im sure posting fresh thoughts on the situation would have actually taken longer.
  • namluv
    namluv Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    This is what I try to stick to: chicken or fish tacos in corn tortillas, sub in whole black/pinto beans for refried if possible, keep the rice to a minimum, SHARE the chips and salsa and resist refills, regular margaritas on the rocks with no salt. Or get whatever the heck I want and plan my other meals accordingly.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Limit the chips with the salsa. Chicken fajitas with no tortillas, no rice, no beans. Just eat the meat and veggies!
  • Bejede
    Bejede Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    bump--good suggestions for the most part!
  • DopeyDudleyDursley
    Options
    The question is what not to eat at Mexican restaurants! I love Mexican food.
    That said to eat healthier, substitute black beans for re-fried beans. Substitute guacamole for sour cream. Use a lot of salsa and get the chicken fajitas. Don't worry about carbohydrates from a couple tortillas; however, be careful with the chips before a meal. Those calories can add up quickly! :)
  • emmymcq
    emmymcq Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Fajitas sans tortillas with a of side beans (not refried beans)
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Our favorite place...we just went this evening...is a healthier Mexican food place. Very little cheese, no lard in the beans, lots of veggie options, very lean (but very tasty) meats. I get a carne asada burrito..grilled, with a side of fat free beans, or calabacitas. And a prickly pear margarita...because I love em.