Body Media quetion for when you are driving

Options
Hi, I've had my BM for about a month, the first few days a wore it on my arm but soon after I started wearing under my bra I started doing so after reading a forum and someone mentioned wearing it under the bra.

My drive to work is 45 minutes so today I wore it on my arm and it tracked my car ride for 45 minutes of moderate activity. It never did that when I wore it under the bra.

Does anyone have the same problem? I also feel that it added extra calories that I did not burn.

Replies

• NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    I read on the BM website before, that if it gives you more than 2MET's/min, during car rides, that you should take it off while driving. When it is off, it assumes you are resting, so it will give you resting calories. Also, when you are up, walking around, doing little things around the house, it will give you calories burned for that also, so that could be where the extra calories are coming from.
  • NRSPAM
    Options
    I was just looking at my activity during the time I was driving, and I didn't go over one MET. I do burn a lot throughout the day just being on my feet and cleaning, taking care of the baby, and cooking.
  • carriej82
    carriej82 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I haven't had any activity from driving.

how do you wear it under your bra though? do you have a different strap?
  • cupcakesnomore
    Options
    I have not had that problem. I do put it in my bra because my arm strap is getting too big and annoying and honestly, after a year of wearing it on my arm, I am sick of looking at it! I have noticed when I wear it along the side of my bra vs in the cup, I get less accurate results (low credit for steps).
  • cupcakesnomore
    Options

Take it out of the band and put the white thing in your bra up against bare skin. :) I have also worn it in my undies on my hip.
  • carriej82
    carriej82 Posts: 123 Member
    Options

Take it out of the band and put the white thing in your bra up against bare skin. :) I have also worn it in my undies on my hip.

Thanks! I will try it! I was wondering what I was going to do this summer.... I don't want an arm band tan line! :)
  • anasantos61
    anasantos61 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I wear mine under my bra by rib cage. I find by calorie burn under my bra a little less then on my arm.
  • NRSPAM
    Options

Thanks! I will try it! I was wondering what I was going to do this summer.... I don't want an arm band tan line! :)

Ditto! I'm also a little tired of wearing on my arm. It gives me a fat roll, 'cuz my arms are jiggly. Lololz. I like to wear short t-shirts and tank tops, but it doesn't look good with it. I could always move it back to my arm for exercise though. I took it off for a day or so recently cuz I was tired of looking at it! I know the best reading is on the arm, but it's either this or not wear it.