45yr old needs motivation

Options
Hi I am 45 yrs old and need to lose a few pounds. I feel overweight and bad about myself. I have a gym membership but hardly go, need help to get me back in there.

Replies

• jingwersen
    jingwersen Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'll tell you what motivates me.... I like to go to the "Success Stories" message board and view the before and after pictures of other people. When I see that others have had such wonderfull success it motivates me to do the same. I look forward to the day when I can share my success story.
  • mylittletribe
    Options
    I'm 44 and I started out the new year absolutely gung ho... until I had to actually exercise, LOL. I cut out a lot of crappy food, drank more water, but still... could not get motivated.
    I don't know what happened recently, but wow am I motivated! I've found a few groups on Facebook to be very positive for me: Fit over 40 and The Fit Community. Also, believe it or not, Pinterest.

I don't have much real life motivation. My boyfriend is only halfheartedly taking this journey with me, and he could use to lose at least 100lbs, so I rely a lot on what I seek out myself online.

Anyway... you can do it!