Eating out of the litter box

Options
billsica
billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
Looking to make a birthday cake for someone. Does anyone have any idea how to do something like that? I have a cat box that I can use already. I scrubbed it really good last night, and its warm enough for the kitty to use the outside now.
I see they have a tin foil liner, I have an idea for the cake, but what can I use for the "toppings"

Thank you in advance. Really any cat cakes will do.

900x900px-LL-e1625879_gallery3247531337262911.jpeg

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I've heard of this but you know...

ICK! :sick:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I would add granola to the kitty poo.....
  • TesselCat
    TesselCat Posts: 74
    Options
    Nononono neeeever use an old litter box. Aghh. Knowing someone did that would be enough to make me not eat it. >.<!

The toppings, I'd suggest getting make Nilla wafers or some other cookie (maybe just the graham crumbs?... maybe some combination of both) and crumbling them up and sprinkling on top. Maybe those all white Oreos would work? The only thing I've heard of for the 'poop' is to slightly melt some tootsie rolls and twist them around.

E: maybe some other kind of soft caramel candy would work, too.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I don't care how well you scrubbed it. Even if you soaked it in bleach, the idea of using an already-used catbox for food of any kind is really gross. *shudder* :sick:
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I would add granola to the kitty poo.....

or use fun size Oh Henry bars!

eta...yes I hope you don't mean you're using a once-used litter box
  • Paganrosemama
    Paganrosemama Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I don't care how well you scrubbed it. Even if you soaked it in bleach, the idea of using an already-used catbox for food of any kind is really gross. *shudder* :sick:

this
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I didn't use bleach. I scrubbed it and sent it though the dishwasher. I'm sure the heat from it all would kill any left over bacteria.
    It also really wouldn't be touching the pan, I'm going to use a tin foil liner.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I didn't use bleach. I scrubbed it and sent it though the dishwasher. I'm sure the heat from it all would kill any left over bacteria.
    It also really wouldn't be touching the pan, I'm going to use a tin foil liner.

cat fecal matter all over your dishes now.
    YUM
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    ewwwww wtf
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    oh, call me when its ready, I've been DYING to get all cat fecal matter infected. I heard its the new craze!
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Jeez people...he cleaned the pan! It will be fine to use

I would suggest chocolate covered raisins or nuts.

My cat used to eat the tinsel off the tree at christmas and crapped it out. I would love if you could incorpatrate that!
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    "I have a cat box that I can use already. I scrubbed it really good last night,"

So, is this cake for a friend?......with friends like that (one who give birthday cakes made in used litter boxes), who needs enemies?

Really, a new litter box is what, $5 at Walmart. Splurge.
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    no no no a million times no.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Right.
  • 1jobean
    1jobean Posts: 84
    Options
    Please, buy a new cat pan for the cake, please.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    WOW!!........... All I can say is WOW!!!!....
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    As many other people suggested - go get a "new" box. DON'T re-use an old or used box. Cat's can have some pretty nasty bacteria that can make people sick.

Don't even try it - just buy a cheap new one (or a large turkey alum pan from the Dollar Store).
  • Jtorres326
    Jtorres326 Posts: 157 Member
    Options

:noway:
    Yup, pretty much totally agree w this. Buy a new catbox for pete's sakes. But then I find this whole idea a bit disturbing....
  • TesselCat
    TesselCat Posts: 74
    Options
    I still wouldn't eat it if I knew it was used by a cat. Just... something about it turns my stomach.

HOWEVER: if you make your own caramel candies (something soft, a quick google showed - http://www.joyofbaking.com/candy/Caramels.html ) and then.. just poor little bits into the 'litter' material, it'll totally look cool. And real!
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I would suggest pouring some root beer over the "litter" right before serving, for that authentic freshly used catbox look. Make it nice and foamy.