800 days with MFP. No pics. Specifically bragging.

Options
MB_Positif
MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
I knew I was hooked when I went on vacation less a little over a month after joining and I was logging the grilled chicken and avocado sandwich I had for lunch at Disneyland while sitting at the table eating it.

I knew I was hooked when I made some of the most amazing and inspiring friends I've ever had online.

I knew I was hooked when I didn't stop logging when I started to get sick.

I knew I was hooked when I had my husband log me in to update my friends while I was in the ICU after brain surgery in February.

I knew I was hooked when I started logging my food again 10 days after having my surgery.

When were you hooked? :smile:

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Zk4W8ZA.jpg
  • MB_Positif
    Options
    Zk4W8ZA.jpg

I love you Dave! That made me laugh out loud!!!
  • MB_Positif
    Options
    Is it freakish that I remember that I ate a grilled chicken and avocado sandwich at Disneyland over 2 years ago?
  • DedeeMarie
    DedeeMarie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I knew I was hooked when I've went all day without logging and feel really guilty about it and anxious at the same time to sit still at the computer or grab my phone to post my meals and water intake.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    What a h00ker! :smile: BTW I love your story.
  • MB_Positif
    Options
    I knew I was hooked when I've went all day without logging and feel really guilty about it and anxious at the same time to sit still at the computer or grab my phone to post my meals and water intake.

good stuff!
  • MB_Positif
    Options
    What a h00ker! :smile:

Gasp! :drinker:

Quoted you too fast. Thank you!!!
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    dam, thats an impressive number! and i have to say the best part for me was reading I might be able to find something decent to eat @ disney (going in a couple months) .... how sad is that...
  • RunWinterGarden
    RunWinterGarden Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    dam, thats an impressive number! and i have to say the best part for me was reading I might be able to find something decent to eat @ disney (going in a couple months) .... how sad is that...

There is a lot decent to eat there, the problem is they don't publish their nutritional information so you have to guess.
  • MB_Positif
    Options

It's not sad. It's awesome that they have decent options and that you can go on vacation and not go totally nutbags over food.
  • RunWinterGarden
    RunWinterGarden Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I knew I was hooked when I turned down going to lunch because I couldn't find a good enough representation of the food I'd eat in the database and couldn't take the chance that it had more calories than I'd expect.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    I realized I was hooked when I started putting every single mutli-ingredient item into recipes using MFP. Love, Love, LOVE the recipe builder!!!!!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I knew I was hooked when I made strategic plans during vacay to manipulate hubby into hooking up wifi at every stop in time to login at least once each day so as not to lose my "Logged in for X days" status. I was suspicious when i struggled to make myself invisible during this time fearing the worst paleo/vacation/frustration posts but spent an hour doing so in a way that let me logon daily without anyone seeing any of my other status updates so as not to invite conversations that might lead to rants.

Yeah^ way too much though/analysis/neurosis for just a little "hobby" right?
  • turryandsally
    turryandsally Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wow! You're amazing! Congrats and best wishes to you!
  • nytius
    nytius Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    When I started remembering in my sleep something I forgot to log so I wake up in the middle of the night or with the first ray of sunshine to add it.
    When I halved my shoe budget so I could add to my fitness budget instead
    When I wake up on weigh in day SIKED to weigh AND log my NEW weight.
    When I met some of the most inspiring people online I've ever had the blessing to get to know

*edited to correct errors*
  • mommy1126
    mommy1126 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    800 Days is Amazing!!!!
    I knew I was hooked when I started building recipes.
    I knew I was hooked when I started finding that I prefered the healthier food.
    I knew I was hooked when I went shopping for gym clothes.
  • Mommyof31970
    Mommyof31970 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I knew I was hooked when I set here at work everyday logging in as much as possible just to see what everyone else is doing and its only been 41 days for me but not missed one yet even with the flu
  • PamelaGatorMom
    PamelaGatorMom Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    GREAT STORY!! :flowerforyou:

I knew I was hooked when my hubby thought I was on FB but really I was on MFP reading success stories!
    AND after logging for a week seeing that ticker under my name & post move!! I wanted it to move again :bigsmile:
  • MB_Positif
    Options
    Loving these! Keep them coming!!!!
  • Seachicken84
    Seachicken84 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Is it freakish that I remember that I ate a grilled chicken and avocado sandwich at Disneyland over 2 years ago?

Ya kinda but cool at the same time ;-)

You're an inspiration for sure!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!