Shakology.. Does it work?

Options
Has anyone tried shakeology? Does it work? What is it?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It's just a protein shake. It worked great for a while to help me get rid of my sweets cravings (the chocolate one... the tropica one is NASTY) and to keep me full when I started my diet. Now I don't really feel that I need it anymore.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    What does "does it work" mean? Does it make you lose weight? No, no food (or lack there of) makes you lose weight. Maintaining a calorie deficit (i.e. burning more than you consume) does, and that can be done eating anything you want (just in the right quantities), and it can be done with or without exercise.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    It will create a caloric deficit in the same way that MFP does by giving you that calorie goal. I find it cheaper and more convenient to just buy regular food and stay within the calorie goal.
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    What does "does it work" mean? Does it make you lose weight? No, no food (or lack there of) makes you lose weight. Maintaining a calorie deficit (i.e. burning more than you consume) does, and that can be done eating anything you want (just in the right quantities), and it can be done with or without exercise.

^^Yep. This. Never understood what people mean when they ask if a food/drink/program "works".
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    I tried some of my MIL's last weekend, and it effed up the chocolate flavor...

HOW DO YOU SCREW UP CHOCOLATE?????!!!!!

seriously though, if you need to suppliment your diet with some nutrients and need some protein it's not a bad product if you can afford it, it's just not some miracle cure.
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    It has some amazing ingredients and super foods in it and it's packed with vitamins and nutrients that our bodies want.

However, the chocolate just tastes TERRIBLE. I couldn't enjoy it no matter what I did to it. I gave it up.

I would, however, like to try the tropical strawberry flavor.
  • Krhunt79
    Krhunt79 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    for me it didn't.. what did work for me was AdvoCare.. I saw results and will continue to use some of the products.. I thought about signing up to sell Shakeology, but I never saw any results...

I did sign up to sell Advocare, on the challenge I lost 12 lbs and 11 inches.. and I am still losing after the challenge!! If you want to know more about that let me know!! IT is all about teaching your body to absorb the right nutrients and eating better! def. not a fad diet it is a lifestyle change!
  • mytime1986
    mytime1986 Posts: 117
    Options
    Sorry I was in a rush at work. I should Clarify Is it really as healthy as everyone says? And does it really help to keep you feeling full. I have a desk job where I sit and wait for people to call in at a call center. Being that I work in finanace some days we are fairly steady in getting calls some days its boring and horribly slow. All I want to do is munch at my desk. But I am wondering if its really still heallthy I could just drink.