I think I must be missing something....

Options
Before I go into why I'm so utterly confused, I'd like to point out that I have lost weight, I'm not stuck, and no I am not gaining. Also I joined in November, but didn't start actively using the site until March 13. Today marks day 25 of using MFP.

So I'm in 25 days know and have lost 11lbs. :noway: I must have calculations off in what I should be eating, but will get to that in a minute.

My first week net calorie intake:
2sah06v.png
My second:
1z39con.png
My third:
v2sbhw.png

How my weight has gone:
30b019w.png

So on March 13 I weighed 218lbs and today I'm at 207lbs.

So I'm using heybales spreadsheet to sort of track things. As of today:

U.S. Navy Circumference Method - 40.45% BF
LBM 123.3lb
FM 83.7lb

Covert Bailey "Fit or Fat" book method - 25.95% BF
LBM 153.3lb
FM 53.7lb

Average of the two methods - 33.20% BF
LBM 138.3 lb
FM 68.7lb

I'll be honest to say that I still haven't figured out if I want to use TDEE or MFP's method and have bounced back and forth between the two for the past 25 days, but that doesn't change the fact that for most of the past 25 days I have overeaten. Looking at the charts with as much as I've overeaten and with as unhealthy as some of my choices have been, I don't think I should have lost any weight. Which leaves me at a loss as to why I'm losing weight. I want to lose weight slowly, but I must have the calculations off for what I need to eat at to lose 1lb a week. I'm a pretty sedentary person, with the exception of working out. For example today, according to my pedometer, I've only taken 879 steps (been up since 8 am and it's 1pm now).

Replies

• Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I lost a lot of lbs my first few weeks too...then hit a wall and it's been a struggle since then, with some weeks losing nothing and some weeks losing a couple (I'm about 9 weeks in).
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    People tend to lose more than usual at first. Let your body adjust to your new eating habits and then see how things go.
  • Cryck84
    Cryck84 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    What about your water intake? The week I started making sure I was drinking at least 6 c of water every day, I dropped 5 lb!

Also, ignoring the numbers, how do you FEEL?

:smile:
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I lost a lot of lbs my first few weeks too...then hit a wall and it's been a struggle since then, with some weeks losing nothing and some weeks losing a couple (I'm about 9 weeks in).

I actually started working on losing weight last year at 260lbs. I'm just 25 days into counting calories. I lost weight really fast last year as well (260lbs at the end of Jan to 198 in June) and I wasn't counting calories, I stopped working out and gained some back, but in less than a month I'm only about 10lbs away from the weight when I stopped working out.
  • shadow2soul
    Options
    What about your water intake? The week I started making sure I was drinking at least 6 c of water every day, I dropped 5 lb!

Also, ignoring the numbers, how do you FEEL?

:smile:

Tired, generally by 4 pm I'm dying for a nap and have a slight headache. Since last year I try to drink about 1/2 a gal to 1 gal of water a day. It's usually flavored with crystal light. Before MFP, I wasn't tired all the time. As for diet, I've just switched a few items for healthier choices, so that I can stay within calorie limit.

But what confuses me, is the fact that I am over eating and still losing weight.
  • shadow2soul
    Options
    Oh I did forget to add that the reason I over ate so much, was because until a couple days ago I was logging 80% of the calories that my HRM said I burned. Then come to find out, that even though it was set for a female, it was calculating calories of a male at my age and weight. When I went back and corrected everything, it was shocking to see how much I had been over eating.