Getting through cardio!

Options
Cardio exercise can be so boring (at least for me)....what is your cardio routine? How do you get through it?

Replies

• missjones93
    missjones93 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Stationary bike or walking. Pinterest on my phone - lol.
  • 212ackley
    212ackley Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Zumba!!! Doesn't even feel like exercise it's so fun! I now do 5 1-hour classes a week!
  • markpmc
    markpmc Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Rushfit and Insanity. You push play and try to keep up !!
  • RunWinterGarden
    RunWinterGarden Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Running on the treadmill, I watch TV during it, but really I spend the time letting my mind wander. When I'm running outside I just put on music and think about a lot of things.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    If it's so boring, why do you do it?

For me... mostly cycling because I love it. I do a little bit of running, hiking, and swimming too. I play pick-up basketball on my lunch break whenever my schedule allows.
  • morielia
    morielia Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I've been spending a lot of time on the stationary because I'm on no weight-bearing exercise (only one more week!). Usually I just listen to pandora, but occasionally I'll turn on the radio so I can listen to whatever horrible show they're playing in the gym. Other time, I'll load up something to watch that's an hour long (podcast or whatever). When it's warm enough, I just take my bike out - much more interesting than sitting on the stationary.
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    intervaling on the treadmill or with the dog with Girl Talk blaring in my ears. Steady pace, good beat, continuous play.
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Dancing. I'll take a hip hop class, a cardio aerobics class, a Jazzercise class, put on my Wii Just Dance.
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    1. Music / Radio concentrate on listening to the lyrics
    2. TV with closed captioned while listening to music.
    3. Audio Books
  • janiesmommy
    Options
    I also do stationary bike. I watch Joyce Meyer.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Sex is good cardio.

You just need to get creative.
  • highmaintnance
    highmaintnance Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    For me, there's nothing better than jumping on the eliptical, turning on my ipod, and pounding away to the beat. It's really therapeutic for me and a great way to release some agression. I also like to people watch.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    HIIT
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I actually love cardio-depending on the day, I'll do either the treadmill (running or incline, again, depends on the day) or arc trainer or running outside now that it's getting nice out. If I'm doing incline and I'm bored, I'll up the incline or speed, if it's during the warm up/cool down, I'll play dice with friends on my phone or check out what's going on here, music for me helps as well
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Music. Lots of music.
  • dagonee
    dagonee Posts: 10
    Options
    I watch videos on my tablet while I use the elliptical. Most of the shows I watch have ongoing story arcs, and once a show is on the tablet, I'll only watch it while exercising. So I get incentive to add another 22 or 44 minutes to a workout every time there's a cliffhanger.
  • juliekins64
    juliekins64 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Do intervals, it keeps it interesting and occupies your mind a little while you prepare for the next speed.
    Or try weight lifting, time flies.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm doing Turbo Fire. It's pretty fun, but mostly it's so fast and and constantly changing and hard that I don't have time to think about getting bored.

Before that I was doing Zumba and it was just too fun to be bored. Then I was running. That was boring. Effective. But boring.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    First, it's best to try and find a cardio workout that you love. Experiment with classes, machines,etc. I also find HIIT(High intensity interval training) works great for keeping me focused, and from getting bored. You can experiment with intervals.

I am a bookworm so reading helps pass the time. I also revamp my playlist every 2 weeks and that helps keep things from getting boring. Sometimes I'll browse some of my favourite fitness magazines too. They help keep me motivated! Or I'll just play a movie or show on my phone!

Good luck!!
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm training for some races. I mostly run indoors right now, so I watch a show I like on my iPad or the TV. Music on my MP3 when I run outside. Prior to that I was mixing up different programs and videos. Fnd something fun. I really enjoy kickboxing and dance based programs. Classes might keep you interested, too. I loved the hip hop class I took. I also liked the Tabata/Interval style classes I took and spinning is quite the workout. Sometimes you just have to "power through". Or, do something really, really intense so you can do a short er session,