Paleo recipes!!!

Options
TattooedMuffin
TattooedMuffin Posts: 174 Member
I have tons of paleo recipes that i can share with anyone thats interested! let me know what you want. red meat? pork? poultry? stews & curries? fish? shellfish & seafood? Vegetables & sides? Salads? Stir fries? Eggs & omelets? Snacks? Offal/Organs? Soups & stocks? Vinaigrettes,marinades & sauces? Dips & condiments? Breakfast? Desserts? Smoothies? Lacto-fermented vegetables?

I have tons! and healthy too!!!

some of my favorites:

********Chorizo burgers with fried eggs and onions
• Serves 6
Chorizo is the name of a popular spicy Spanish sausage. You should be able to find great quality Chorizos at
your local Italian grocery store.
INGREDIENTS
• 1 lb ground beef;
• 1 lb Chorizo sausage, casing removed;
• 2 red onions, sliced;
• 8 eggs;
• 2 tomatoes, sliced;
• 2 avocados, thinly sliced;
• 1 lime, sliced into wedges;
• Cooking fat;
• Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
to taste;
PREPARATION
1 Preheat your oven to 400 F.
2 Mix the Chorizo sausage meat in a bowl with the
ground beef.
3 Form 6 large patties and season them on top
with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4 Place them in the oven on a roasting pan until
well cooked. Check them after 20 minutes, but
you’ll have to verify that the meat isn’t pink in
the middle anymore.
5 While the patties cook, fry the onions in some
cooking fat on the stove top in a pan.
6 Once well caramelized, set the onions aside and
reserve.
7 Cook the eggs, over easy, in the same pan with
a bit more cooking fat if needed. Keep the yolk
runny to obtain a sauce for the burger.
8 Once the Chorizo and ground beef patties are
ready, serve them with a squeeze of lime juice
topped with the fried onions, tomato slices and
fried eggs.

******Almond banana pancakes
• Serves 2
These are delicious even though they are heavy in fruits and nuts, two elements which should be kept to
a minimum on the diet for most, especially those trying to lose weight. Think of this breakfast or dessert
recipe as an occasional treat and keep in mind that the ingredients are far from being as nasty as any grain
or legume. This is also a nice fall-back when you start missing the taste of pancakes so bad that you start
thinking about indulging with the regular kind of pancakes. Serve this with fresh berries or with a generous
amount of butter or ghee. You can even indulge a little bit more with some raw honey for a complete treat.
INGREDIENTS
• 4 ripe bananas, mashed;
• 2 eggs;
• 4 tbsp almond butter;
• Butter, ghee or coconut oil for cooking;
PREPARATION
1 Combine the mashed bananas in a bowl with
the eggs and mix well. Add the almond butter
and combine well.
2 Put a pan over a medium heat and melt in some
butter or coconut oil. When hot, pour in a ladleful
of the banana and almond butter mixture
and cook until brown on each side. Repeat for all
the batter, reserving the prepared pancakes in a
200 F oven so they stay hot.

******Bacon and spinach frittata
• Serves 4
INGREDIENTS
• 8 eggs;
• ½ cup water;
• ½ lb fresh spinach, chopped into 1-inch
pieces;
• 10 slices bacon;
• 1 onion, diced;
• Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
to taste;
PREPARATION
1 Preheat your oven to 450 F.
2 Heat an ovenproof skillet over a medium heat
and cook the bacon until crispy, about 7 minutes
on each side.
3 Pat the cooked bacon dry and cut it into ¼-inch
pieces.
4 Fry the onion in the rendered bacon fat you
used to cook the bacon until translucent, about
4 minutes.
5 Turn off the heat, add the spinach and stir to
slightly cook the spinach.
6 Whisk the eggs together with the water in a
bowl until frothy and season to taste with salt
and pepper.
7 Pour the egg mixture in the skillet with the onion
and spinach and sprinkle the bacon pieces.
8 Stir once, turn the heat up to medium and cook
until the frittata starts to set, about 5 minutes.
9 Place the skillet in the preheated oven and cook
for 10 to 15 minutes, until the eggs are well
cooked.

Replies

• curcioms
    curcioms Posts: 1
    Options
    :love: Thank you for your recipes. I eat a whole foods, low glycemic Paleo diet, but I find that my calories are high, relative to MFP. I am not trying to lose weight, and my weight is stable. My Fitness Pal steers people toward a low fat, low cholesterol diet. Have you found this to be a problem for you regarding your tracking in this program?
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    These sound delicious, but beg pardon - what is Paleo?
  • KristenRidl
    KristenRidl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    bump!!
  • TattooedMuffin
    Options
    :love: Thank you for your recipes. I eat a whole foods, low glycemic Paleo diet, but I find that my calories are high, relative to MFP. I am not trying to lose weight, and my weight is stable. My Fitness Pal steers people toward a low fat, low cholesterol diet. Have you found this to be a problem for you regarding your tracking in this program?

i havent really found a problem. Cutting back on all the nuts and fruit helped me. (besides the gluten, processed sugars and such)
  • TattooedMuffin
    Options
    Paleo, aka a Paleolithic Lifestyle or "the caveman diet"

It is basically anything you can eat raw is your limit.
    no processed foods, refined sugars, gluten, grains, or dairy
  • baileybiddles
    Options

Sounds like just the kind of diet I need actually. I have severe IBS and my doctor recommends I get rid of dairy and gluten, two of the biggest triggers. I guess I am just slow to get started though... :-/ Especially since I love cheese like you wouldn't believe. I can eat sliced white land o lakes american until the cows come home.

HAHA pun not intended.
  • aecole87
    aecole87 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Bump! Went paleo a couple weeks ago and loving it!
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I think we need to be friends, I could use a fellow paleo on here :)
  • TattooedMuffin
    Options

Sounds like just the kind of diet I need actually. I have severe IBS and my doctor recommends I get rid of dairy and gluten, two of the biggest triggers. I guess I am just slow to get started though... :-/ Especially since I love cheese like you wouldn't believe. I can eat sliced white land o lakes american until the cows come home.

HAHA pun not intended.

lmao!! :laugh:
    well anything i can help with. i have soooo many recipes. eating paleo alone without exercise, i lost 8lbs
  • baileybiddles
    Options

HAHA pun not intended.

well anything i can help with. i have soooo many recipes. eating paleo alone without exercise, i lost 8lbs

Now, I rely very heavily on greek yogurt and string cheese throughout the week for snacks at my desk at work so I'm not starving. Did you find it hard to cut out dairy? Do you drink almond milk instead, or soy milk? So many questions!

What kind of snacks do you eat that keep you full?
  • TattooedMuffin
    Options
    Bump! Went paleo a couple weeks ago and loving it!
    thats awesome! unfortunately im not strictly paleo like i used to be. i couldnt resist english muffins or cheese every once in awhile. lol
  • TattooedMuffin
    Options

HAHA pun not intended.

Now, I rely very heavily on greek yogurt and string cheese throughout the week for snacks at my desk at work so I'm not starving. Did you find it hard to cut out dairy? Do you drink almond milk instead, or soy milk? So many questions!

When i started. I cut everything cold turkey for 60 days to try it.
    the first few weeks are the hardest. its like quitting smoking after 5 years of addiction.
    It was hard to cut out dairy. But found out alternatives. Some dark chocolate is allowed & gluten free beer!
    Dairy is questionable to start with. Its not great for you. Milk is produced by cows and made for cows..not humans. Soy wasnt allowed, which is fine because almond milk is amazing and is much healthier. So is coconut milk!

my favorites snacks was dehydrated fruit, veggies and Chocolate covered bacon (i can share the recipes of course)

Meat, eggs, veggies, fruit, and some nuts. Almond, honey and coconut play a big part in flavoring but also healthier.
  • deoxy4
    deoxy4 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I am interested in your recipes. I have done a Paleo diet in the past and lost 30+ pounds. In the winter I tend to gain weight. I am starting a Paleo diet again and looking to reduce from 206 to 185 by mid summer.
  • TattooedMuffin
    Options

HAHA pun not intended.

the first few weeks are the hardest. its like quitting smoking after 5 years of addiction.
    It was hard to cut out dairy. But found out alternatives. Some dark chocolate is allowed & gluten free beer!
    Dairy is questionable to start with. Its not great for you. Milk is produced by cows and made for cows..not humans. Soy wasnt allowed, which is fine because almond milk is amazing and is much healthier. So is coconut milk!

my favorites snacks was dehydrated fruit, veggies and Chocolate covered bacon (i can share the recipes of course)

Meat, eggs, veggies, fruit, and some nuts. Almond, honey and coconut play a big part in flavoring but also healthier.

After I figured out where i stood and what i liked.
    (like when people go on diets and have cheat days where they eat fast food, candy, etc)
    Instead i have cheat days where i allow myself to have cheese, bread, rice or creamer for my coffee. :happy:
  • TattooedMuffin
    Options
    I am interested in your recipes. I have done a Paleo diet in the past and lost 30+ pounds. In the winter I tend to gain weight. I am starting a Paleo diet again and looking to reduce from 206 to 185 by mid summer.

let me know what you're interested in. Friend me so we can stay in touch :)
  • kkgalien
    kkgalien Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm not quite paleo: just gluten free and dairy free but looking to slowly cut out the replacement grains and go more toward paleo. Haven't been ambitious enough to pick up any paleo cookbooks, but do you have any you would specifically recommend?
  • zumbarock
    zumbarock Posts: 86 Member
    Options

HAHA pun not intended.

Gluten Free Beer? Whaaaat? Please do share! Love the recipes too, thanks!!
  • Bejede
    Bejede Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Bump, bump,bump