Possible Plateau on the Horizon?

Options
I have lost 53 pounds........starting at 285 in January and not down to 232 as of today (April 5). I still have a ways to go. I work out hard and eat well. I have lost a lot of weight but I am not losing as quickly as I was before. I weigh in every week. I know that at some point I am not going to keep losing at the rate I have been. However my quesiton is, if I do hit a plateau, should I alter anything with exercise or diet or just keep doing what I am doing and know that the exercise and healthy eating will win in the end. Thanks for the advice.

Replies

• KentClark
    KentClark Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels addressed this in her newsletter today. Sounds like good advice. BTW, I also started at 285, and am now down to 196. Congrats on your loss! Here is the link to what Jillian had to say...

http://www.jillianmichaels.com/fit/lose-weight/break-through-weight-loss-plateau?xid=nl_LosingItWithJillianMichaels_20130405
  • vavromc
    vavromc Posts: 8
    Options
    I'd get your body fat % checked...if you belong to a gym, someone should be able to take your measurements. If you've been working out hard with weights, your muscle mass could be increasing...which could be why you're not losing weight as quickly as you were in the beginning. But this is good because your body fat percent will decrease. It could also be because your body has adapted to your workouts...change up your routine or add more cardio.

I lost quickly in the beginning as well, but it has slowed after my workouts have become more intense. However, I just had my body fat % measured and I went from 22% body fat to 15% body fat.

Weightloss is important but also focus on percentage of body fat. Stick to it and you should be ok.

Matt
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    i am in the same boat. since the end of december i have lost a whopping 8lbs. From 6/04/12 i lost 55 lbs. its getting harder to lose the weight but i do know my mass is going down.

keep doing what youre doing with a few minor tweeks. maybe more cardio maybe less. the key is to find what works for you and to go from there.

if you need to vent you know where im at...
  • bbelles1
    bbelles1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys! That helps!