Calf pain!

I've started running three times a week for twenty minutes each. I do three minutes jogging, two minutes walking. I've never actually jogged before so I am completely new to this...But is it normal to experience calf pain while you are jogging?

Replies

• ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    Is the calf pain feel like cramps? Because in a lot of cases, calf cramps are an indication of dehydration. You'll want to be hydrating thoroughly before and during a run.

If the calf pain is not like cramps, then I'm not sure what it could be. Maybe try and do some warmups, rubbing, gentle stretching, or foam rolling beforehand?
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,226 Member
    Is the calf pain feel like cramps? Because in a lot of cases, calf cramps are an indication of dehydration. You'll want to be hydrating thoroughly before and during a run.

If the calf pain is not like cramps, then I'm not sure what it could be. Maybe try and do some warmups, rubbing, gentle stretching, or foam rolling beforehand?
    true
  • LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    You could have a wrong form.

Make sure when you run it's your midfoot hitting the pavement, not the heel or the ball of your foot. :)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Are you warming up properly before you start off?