Easier to hit 1200 cals on junk...Why can't I now??

Options
Why is it that obviously I didn't have a problem eating at or way above 1200 calories when I wasn't caring what I ate; hence the reason I am here...But now that I do care and am trying to eat better and exercise, I cannot net 1200 calories? That makes NO sense to me...I am just not hungry when I exercise. I am never going to lose at this rate, and I really am trying SOOO hard!!!

Replies

• niki87lewis
    niki87lewis Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Eat some calorie dense food, cheese, peanut butter, humous...etc
  • Shawnzgirl78
    Shawnzgirl78 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Cuz you get hungrier on junk food and can eat more
    I say it's fine to listen to your body
    Don't force feed yourself
    We really don't need as much food as we think we do - if that makes sense
    When I am healthy - eating right and exercising, I crave less
  • libertygirlfla
    libertygirlfla Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Try snacking on nuts. Higher in calories and good fats and not terribly filling.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    It is easier to get a ton of calories from garbage food than it is whole food. Peanut butter is always a good way to get 200 calories in a few small bites.
  • veec0
    veec0 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    If you can't eat it, drink it.
  • Johlawrence
    Johlawrence Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    If you can't eat it, drink it.

LOVE THIS! Maybe that's what I'll do tonight with a couple of margaritas!!!
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Are you eating diet/lite versions of things? If yes go for full fat.
  • michelle7673
    michelle7673 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    It's amazing how fast bread/chips/Lucky Charms add up. You can eat hundreds of calories without even blinking. The same number of calories in boneless, skinless chicken breast -- you just wouldn't eat that much, period.
  • Sarahmeridith
    Sarahmeridith Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Im in the same boat, sometimes if I need somemore and just cant eat Ill drink a glass of milk.
  • conorpatmanCHANGED
    conorpatmanCHANGED Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    try to eat more frequently + the more calorie dense foods that other people listed, as well as brown rice
  • Tysonlovesweights
    Tysonlovesweights Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    i can eat 800-900 cals for breakfast! There are plenty of healthier options out there that have decent calorie counts, as well as health benefits. peanut butter, eggs, whole wheat breads, beef of all types. and there are lots of higher calorie starchy vegetables out there, like broccoli that can help add to the calorie count and provide excellent nutrient density as well. Dairy in some sort of skim version is also great to give you a calorie boost and some vitamins etc. I prefer 1% but whatever you like is fine
  • Suzanne106
    Suzanne106 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Seriously, you can't reach 1200 calories? That's not that difficult to do. PB & J, bread, avocados, nuts. There's tons of foods with high calories and tasty too. Good luck!
  • leanhulk
    leanhulk Posts: 19
    Options
    what are your macros like and can you post a typical day...?
  • Johlawrence
    Johlawrence Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    My diary should be open...have at it!!! I appreciate the great suggestions so far. I have totally forgotten about cheese and I LOVE it!
  • AmyJeanMarie84
    AmyJeanMarie84 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I had a really hard time at first also, so I started drinking protein shakes to help fill in. Eventually I had a pretty good system going. But now my trainer has upped my calorie count to 1600 and holy crap the first week I felt like a hobbit. The suggestions of others are the right idea though. Nuts, PB, quinoa, kale, avocado. experiment with stuff thats how I figured out how to hit the magic numbers :) good luck
  • TayaCurragh
    TayaCurragh Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, I'm usually a couple of hundred short but I don't like eating more when I don't feel hungry. Will try out these suggestions :)
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Almond/peanut butter
    Full fat milk
    Lean red meat
    Protein shakes

All good for you!
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Is it that bad to be under 1200? I burned over 800 calories today and I apparently have 500ish left to eat in order to net 1200. I had a big chinese food dinner (I think the amount given for that was too low). Is it really bad to be a couple hundred under? MFP has said a couple times that I'm not eating enough but I don't go to bed hungry. I don't even feel deprived.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    stop trying to do it and just do it.

eating is something that we evolved to do in order to stay alive. it sounds like you're making the process way more complicated than it should be. this isnt rocket science

either eat more food or it more calorically dense food or do a combo of the 2
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Ice cream time.