STRETCH MARKS

Options
Ok so I would like to see some peoples before and after pics of loosing weight with stretch marks. Please post. I want to see people that were bigger with stretch marks then when they lost weight what the stretch marks look like now :)

Replies

• Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Ive had stretch marks on my tummy since I was 12. I grew fast and gained a lot of weight during puberty. This was a few weeks ago, as you can see I carry almost all my excess weight in my mid section.

154 pounds
    8dd6be32-4179-4336-9d23-8c27fc65b607.jpg

I dont have any skin befores, but I will add this just so you can see how I carried the weight then.

228ish
    158.jpg

My tummy (and the ugly stretch marks) are my biggest trouble area.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I got stretch marks on my tummy following the birth of my oldest child (I have two). Unfortunately, my Mother also had stretch marks that took over her entire stomach area from having me so having them myself was pretty inevitable.

Jan 8 @ 181.5lbs / 32% Body fat
    47fc45fd-1b69-425c-a388-4ff3ddd9e105_zps6e71f3d2.jpg

Mar 24th @ 166.5lbs 24% Body fat
    6b0b1eea-9437-4b96-9905-d83f5d58aab2_zps846fb032.jpg

Stretch mark appearance greatly reduced with weight loss, they are more white now. Exercising and mixing lotion w/ pure almond oil/vitamin e capsules helped the transition. Slightly sagging skin will probably always be there but that's alright
  • xXxHBICxXx
    xXxHBICxXx Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I am unsure of how to post my pics their in my profile, but I am sooo not concerned with my stretch marks ... are they the prettiest things to look at? No. But I earned those, they are my battle scars damnit! And I will not be ashamed of them! lol

I am however concerned with loose skin. That makes me sad =(
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I have some from birthing 2 babies.....

This is my tummy as of yesterday! They are still there but satisfied with how my stomach looks. Hoping some sun will help them blend in a little more.

photo_zps0453c6fc.jpg
  • AlexBoBalex79
    AlexBoBalex79 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I've got tiger claw sized stretch marks from both my kids. I'll never wear a 2 piece, but eh, what-evs. I doubt they'll ever go away and I don't think my skin will be taut.--- but maybe the'll be hope. You ladies look great. :D
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    PicsArt_1364936771753.jpg

Sorry its small. This is after baby number two. Baby number one was 8lbs 3.5oz baby #2 9lbs 2.2oz.. a nurse commented on the severity of my stretch marks. They have definitely faded through working out. I would wear a two piece to the beach. I would wear one regardless though. I do not understand why women view stretch marks as more unsightly then being out of shape.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    bump
  • haleyjester
    haleyjester Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Ive had stretch marks on my tummy since I was 12. I grew fast and gained a lot of weight during puberty. This was a few weeks ago, as you can see I carry almost all my excess weight in my mid section.

154 pounds

I dont have any skin befores, but I will add this just so you can see how I carried the weight then.

228ish
    158.jpg

You look GREAT!!
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options

154 pounds

228ish
    158.jpg

You look GREAT!!

Awe, thank you VERY MUCH! :heart:
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    progress_zps10e0e19f.png

Mine are hard to see. They're the thin white ones but I have them ALL over my stomach and on my sides and loves handles. Also arms, chest and legs. I'm covered :( They just dont show up well in pics unless I use the flash.
  • SiempreBella
    SiempreBella Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Nice job to the people on here.
  • starfinale
    starfinale Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    yall look great!!!
  • butterflylady86
    butterflylady86 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    You look great. :)
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    before, 215lbs, size 18:
    32479585_5683.jpg

after, 155, size 6:
    32479585_7585.jpg

I have them still, but they've faded a fair amount.
  • haleyjester
    haleyjester Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Great job Junken!
  • SerenaFisher
    Options
    38t1j.jpg
    c418920a-c465-44f6-9744-8fe9b2c3c5f5.jpg

I can't believe i did this, i have stretch marks. Yes i admit it, I know no one will ever love me and they are hideous. Oh my life is so over cause of these damn battle wounds aka stretch marks.

I still have fat to lose, that's not loose skin that's fat.
    People love you for you. I had my son with another man and the man I am with has never once been appauled by my battle scars. He calls them my stripes there is nothing wrong with hardship. If someone loves you your flaws are irrelevant.
  • splitdog79
    splitdog79 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Eh, I'm really not comfortable posting pics of me with my shirt off because they are SUUUUUUUPER bad. All over my stomach, sides, back, shoulders, upper arms, and even extending (though very lightly) about a third of the way down each forearm. I imagine that it would require extensive surgery to remove or minimize them. I don't know how much weight loss will really help me in this regard.

I think that's one of the reasons why I have a hard time thinking I'll ever not consider myself "fat", even when I hit my goal weight. I was, at my heaviest, around 375. You guys know, I'm sure, that once you hit a certain point that you probably can't find a scale that goes high enough.That kind of obesity takes a toll on your skin, sadly, and in my case is something I've resigned myself to living with.

Well, they say that eventually they get a bit better, as some in this thread attest. I sure hope so. I've also got tons of skin that I hope tightens up in that process :/

Well, at least you moms out there can always blame pregnancy if you so choose ;)
  • SerenaFisher
    Options
    Pfft my brothers got stretch marks on their arms for gaining muscle. Sure pregnancy gave me mine but genetics are actually the main cause. My baby doctor even explained to us ladies that if your momma has so will you. My SOs mom has none and she had babies just as big as mine but that's life it isn't fair and genetics are something you can't change. I think resigning yourself to embarrassment for your past is something you should get over because it can hold you back.

Working out will tighten the skin but yes it only goes so far. There are acres on the market "the tyra banks show" had a special on a new ointment that has some serious proven results that you can look into. Plastic surgery offers the most dramatic and quickest results of course.
  • wildaaron
    wildaaron Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    before, 215lbs, size 18:
    32479585_5683.jpg

after, 155, size 6:
    32479585_7585.jpg

I have them still, but they've faded a fair amount.

wowsers!!
  • PrittyPiton
    PrittyPiton Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Is there some tips how to prevent them? I'm starting to loose weight and I'm using body lotion every evening, and sometimes dietary supplement that contains extra collagen, what else?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!