Hi :)

Options
I'm Lauren, actually joined a while ago just for a reliable calorie counter but I'm getting more involved now and wanted to meet some new people.

Hopefully some encouraging ones because I'm in recovery (hence the name) and I'm really working hard to get healthier & lose weight the right way. It's been a very difficult road and I've basically been flip-flopping between eating disorders since I was 8 years old (24 now) so this is a brand new thing for me. I'm starting pretty small, working on a healthy food routine and exercise.

But if anyone is in the same boat or has been, I'd love to hear some tips on how you came through your ED or how you're doing now. And if I can give some helpful encouragement or advice I'd love to.

Replies

• johned63
    johned63 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Hi, nice to meet you. I have not had an ED, but one of the people on my FL has and uses this site regularly. You are doing it right by starting small, that is the way to make the changes sustainable and lasting. Good luck with your journey!
  • charliemarie923
    charliemarie923 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm Lauren, actually joined a while ago just for a reliable calorie counter but I'm getting more involved now and wanted to meet some new people.

Hopefully some encouraging ones because I'm in recovery (hence the name) and I'm really working hard to get healthier & lose weight the right way. It's been a very difficult road and I've basically been flip-flopping between eating disorders since I was 8 years old (24 now) so this is a brand new thing for me. I'm starting pretty small, working on a healthy food routine and exercise.

But if anyone is in the same boat or has been, I'd love to hear some tips on how you came through your ED or how you're doing now. And if I can give some helpful encouragement or advice I'd love to.

Hi i have an ED-mainly bulimia with episodes of EDNOS, but am not in recovery, so cant help you there im afraid, however, i do run a mental health support group on here, which you can search for if youre interested. One tip i have is try not to get too obsessed about the goals MFP has set you as this could lead to a downward spiral...eat healthy, exercise (obvs right :P) and if you go over one day, dont sweat it. Im 22 now and have had a full-blown ED since the age of 12.
  • Recovery_Girl
    Options
    Hi, nice to meet you. I have not had an ED, but one of the people on my FL has and uses this site regularly. You are doing it right by starting small, that is the way to make the changes sustainable and lasting. Good luck with your journey!

Nice to meet you too. Thanks for the welcome and support. :) And good luck with yours too!
  • Recovery_Girl
    Options

Hi i have an ED-mainly bulimia with episodes of EDNOS, but am not in recovery, so cant help you there im afraid, however, i do run a mental health support group on here, which you can search for if youre interested. One tip i have is try not to get too obsessed about the goals MFP has set you as this could lead to a downward spiral...eat healthy, exercise (obvs right :P) and if you go over one day, dont sweat it. Im 22 now and have had a full-blown ED since the age of 12.

Hi, thank you. I definitely will search for that. That's great advice, I've been struggling with the obsession and I've received a lot of feedback from counselors that say to stay away from calorie counter sites, etc. But that's just not an end all solution because (I think you may know) it's not like you just wake up one day and can turn off the running calorie and fat tab in your head. It's an obsession in and of itself. So I'm hoping to just morph that into a healthier way of viewing myself and what I eat/what I do.