Calorie Trackers/Devices

Options
Hi everyone. Can you throw me some ideas on what's good to use as far as calorie trackers/devices? Fitbit? Nike Fuel? Any others? I don't know what's the best of the best. I basically want to keep as close to accurate readings of my calories burnt throughout the day whether I'm working out at the gym or walking like a crazy woman in the office. Thank you in advance for any info and suggestions.

Aloha!

Replies

• Bmoviemama
    Options
    I used to live in Honolulu!!! miss it there....back to the topic. I bought a fitbit, returned it. bought another fit bit thinking the first was broke. It told me again that in 15 min I burned 2000 calories. My fiancee has Nike Fuel....he does not wear it :( I bought a sportline watch with heart rate tracker....works pretty great for measuring speed, distance , time and steps. kila calories burned seem off.....I miss hiking up Diamond Head!!
  • 007FatSlayer
    007FatSlayer Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    body media armbands. period. :smile: (bodymedia.com)
  • monizjm
    monizjm Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I used to live in Honolulu!!! miss it there....back to the topic. I bought a fitbit, returned it. bought another fit bit thinking the first was broke. It told me again that in 15 min I burned 2000 calories. My fiancee has Nike Fuel....he does not wear it :( I bought a sportline watch with heart rate tracker....works pretty great for measuring speed, distance , time and steps. kila calories burned seem off.....I miss hiking up Diamond Head!!

I am working my way up on doing the awesome hikes here on Oahu. I am not too familiar with the trails or hikes so I have not attempted them on my own. Thank you for the opinion of all those devices you and fiance tried. He didn't wear the Nike Fuel because he didn't like it? Or found it useless?
  • monizjm
    Options

Thanks slayer! I'll check this out.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options

A couple of hundred $ up front AND a monthly subscription fee?
  • Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options

It's worth the $6.00/month!!!!
  • monizjm
    Options

Yeaaah I just saw the website. Although it's nice to have all those links to that one device, I don't want to add to my monthly expense.
  • Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I researched body media, nike fuel and fitbit. Got the fitbit almost a year ago! Made me a very skinny girl! I have had to reduce my walking to stop losing weight :) My son has a nike fuel band and it nothing compared to my fitbit. I wear my fitbit everyday all day- I sync food here. Its a great tool.

No matter what you get, you will only gt out of it what you put in it.
  • cristeberga
    cristeberga Posts: 251 Member
    Options

I agree it is worth the $6.00. It was a bit of an eye opener for me. Apparently, I burn more than I thought I did. I love it and I am always checking it on my phone as well.
  • monizjm
    Options
    I researched body media, nike fuel and fitbit. Got the fitbit almost a year ago! Made me a very skinny girl! I have had to reduce my walking to stop losing weight :) My son has a nike fuel band and it nothing compared to my fitbit. I wear my fitbit everyday all day- I sync food here. Its a great tool.

No matter what you get, you will only gt out of it what you put in it.

Awesome, thank you. I was pushing more for the Fitbit because it does not have any monthly fees, it's just buy and go type of transaction. Thank you for the information!
  • monizjm
    Options

I agree it is worth the $6.00. It was a bit of an eye opener for me. Apparently, I burn more than I thought I did. I love it and I am always checking it on my phone as well.

It's always a great thing when we realize the truth about what we eat and how much we burn and what we're really putting into our bodies. Thank you for the information. I think the Body Media is just as awesome as the FitBit, but I didn't want to have any ties to paying monthly fees or more than the upfront cost, ya know? Thank you for the information! I'm glad that the Body Media has worked well for you!
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    BodyMedia is working for me, too. It's all about accountability and BM helps me with that.

I agree, it is a bit of an expense. I actually have spent very little through the most of my weight loss, but I figure I have saved some money by not eating as much :laugh:

I needed something to help me tweak my plan and throw some motivation in my face. BM is fulfilling that requirement.