Mad Mud Run

Options
Anyone done this before? I'm doing it on May 22nd! I can't wait! It'll be a blast!

http://madmudrun.com/

Replies

• kellybones
    kellybones Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I've not done that specific mud run - but I did two different mud runs last weekend and the weekend before. They are a blast!

Make sure you don't wear good shoes - and make sure you double knot them! I almost lost mine!
    I also recommend against cotton anything - I wore cotton pants to the first one (which included two river crossings) and nearly lost them when they got wet and stretched out on me! My poor husband wore a cotton T shirt and chafed his poor nipples!
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of it, but it looks like a blast!! Have fun!
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I've not done that specific mud run - but I did two different mud runs last weekend and the weekend before. They are a blast!

Make sure you don't wear good shoes - and make sure you double knot them! I almost lost mine!
    I also recommend against cotton anything - I wore cotton pants to the first one (which included two river crossings) and nearly lost them when they got wet and stretched out on me! My poor husband wore a cotton T shirt and chafed his poor nipples!

thanks for the tips! No cotton/loose clothing!

I Can't wait!
  • lvfunandfit
    Options
    I ran the race! It was a ton of fun! They still haven't posted results yet....
    The Warrior Dash looks like fun too! Anyone tried that?
  • kellybones
    Options
    I want to do one but there aren't any close enough to AZ. Someday I may head back to my home ranges and aim for the one in Illinois.
  • lvfunandfit
    Options
    I want to do one but there aren't any close enough to AZ. Someday I may head back to my home ranges and aim for the one in Illinois.

There was one on May 1st in Phoenix. You missed it! Do it next year! =)

You can do the muddy buddy on Nov 14th http://muddy-buddy.competitor.com/event-info/phoenix/
  • kellybones
    Options
    Ah, I should have been more specific

There is no Warrior Dash close enough for me to do.

I did the Mad Mud Run on May 1st and a 6 mile mud run on April 24th.
    I will have to look into the muddy buddy...
  • lvfunandfit
    Options
    Ah ha! I was confused since your pic is of you in a mud run! LOL

Yeah, no warrior dashes near me either.... (I'm close to you, LV).