HELP! Peanut Butter Fudge Protein Bars FAIL

staceypunk
staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
Well, I adjusted this recipe and it came out all wrong. I should have just followed as is but I chickened out a bit when I saw how much peanut butter and honey it was. So I reduced those ingredients and it was not moist enough. Now I have these bars in my fridge, but I'd like to repurpose them because I spent a lot of money on the ingredients.

Looking for ideas on what to do with it. I tried blending a bar into 1/2 cup milk and that was not a solution, lol.

Here's the recipe:
http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=662771

Introduction
A delicious, no-bake protein bar.

Minutes to Prepare: 5

Number of Servings: 12

Ingredients

1 Cup Natural Peanut Butter (I used 3/4 cup)
3 Tablespoons Honey, or to taste (I used 2)
1 1/2 cups Chocolate Whey Protein Powder (this was 4.5 scoops, 36 grams scoop each)
1 Cup Uncooked Oats
2-5 Tablespoons water (I used 6)
(optional) 1 Tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa (I used it)

Directions

Mix the peanut butter and honey in a bowl,microwave for 30 seconds. Add the rest of ingredients and mix together. Mixture should be crumbly and slightly moist.

Press (hard) into a 9x9 tray and refrigerate for 20 minutes. Cut into 12 equal bars.

Mmmmm!

Number of Servings: 12

Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CTCLOUGH.

I think I am past the point of being able to add more peanut butter and honey to it. IDEAS???

Replies

• sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    chop it up and sprinkle over yogurt or cereal or in pancakes. ????? Hard to say
  • wahelga
    wahelga Posts: 304 Member
    how about you crumble it over natural yoghurt and eat it that way?
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Mix up a bit of peanut butter and honey and dip a bar in that as you eat it?
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    I would heat it up just a little in the oven -- like 5ish minutes in a 250 degree oven (or set it out until it was east to work with) and add the remaining ingredients and repress them.

In the future -- if you cut out some of the peanut butter, cut the same amount of oats.
  • purpadillo
    purpadillo Posts: 45 Member
    If you adjusted the PB and honey, you'd also need to cut back on the oatmeal and protein powder; I'm having a bear of a time figure out the ratio for a similar recipe (it doesn't have the protein powder but the rest of it is very similar).

Can you add it to oatmeal (obviously not a lot at a time since the calories would start getting high) or yogurt (as a granola?).
  • Tenzuya
    Tenzuya Posts: 64
    Try adding some almond milk to it
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Melt the additional amount of pb & honey on the stove (just to liquid, not to boiling or anything) Then chop this stuff up and stir it in. I should think it would all melt down together?
  • WeatherGirl8
    WeatherGirl8 Posts: 91 Member
    Cover it with a moist (key: Moist! Not wet! Just kind of steamed) towel for a while; maybe frost it. Or frost individual bars with plain yogurt/ yogurt mixed with a bit of honey as you eat them.
  • renimac
    renimac Posts: 4 Member
    Since this did not require baking I think you can "re-make." I make a similar one that is gluten-free, dairy free and instead of peanut butter I use sunflower butter (my daughter & husband have various food allergies). I add dried fruit such as blueberries, craisins and cherries and mini choc.chips.
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Thanks guys! I wound up just crumbling one bar in a bowl and adding 1/2 tbsp of the peanut butter and rolled it into 3 balls. It was edible but not enjoyable for how many calories it is, although the protein is pretty good. I don't know. I may just cut my losses, lol.
  • GlynisTM
    GlynisTM Posts: 6
    Yes, cut your losses and go from there. :smile:
  • I think firstly melt the pb & honey until it liquify and then chop this stuff up and stir it in.
    I think this method would definitely help you!!