Fitbit Zip or Fitbit One?

Options
What's the differences? I want to track steps, distance & calories. Optional but not necessary tracking for time spent on activity. I would like to wear it possibly in or on my pocket. I don't need a lot of bells & whistles.
Which is better?What are the pros & cons for each one?

Replies

• EvelynBfly78
    EvelynBfly78 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • likethe309
    Options
    I personally have the One and I love it. I wear it on my waist and I don't have to worry about it.

If I'm correct, the main difference between the two is that the One also tracks sleep. So if you don't want that feature, I'd go with the cheaper one.
  • fayeonherway
    Options
    I personally have the One and I love it. I wear it on my waist and I don't have to worry about it.

If I'm correct, the main difference between the two is that the One also tracks sleep. So if you don't want that feature, I'd go with the cheaper one.

Exactly what she said.

I love my Fitbit One. My company pretty much paid for it else I would have opted for the Zip. I do like the sleep feature though.
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit one and I do love it... but I don't care about the sleep feature, myself. I do use it and find it interesting, but I wouldn't miss it.
  • csmith822
    csmith822 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I just got a Fitbit One yesterday and I love it. It syncs to MFP easily and it has been a great motivator for me to get up and go.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I also have the One and am totally addicted to it
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I have the One - and I wear it on my bra (you can't see it under my clothes - got the idea from another MFP'er - and it works very well that way for me. I chose the One precisely because it also tracks sleep - I find that I routinely do not get enough sleep and it negatively affects my weight. My only complaint is with the iPhone app - it fails fairly often and won't sync, so I have to delete it from my phone then re-install. Kind of annoying. My only other complaint is that you can't see the trends on the iPhone app - I have to log in to www.fitbit.com to see my sleep patterns over a week or month.

Having said all that - I do love how it tracks steps, stairs climbed and sleep! It estimates calories burned - and that must be estimated because it does not track your heart rate, which would be the only way to more accurately estimate a calorie burn. Also, since my primary fitness program is weight lifting, it does not really register as having spent any calories since you aren't 'taking steps' as with most cardio activity. I do love my One, however and wear it daily! Hope you find this helpful!
  • bluebear_74
    bluebear_74 Posts: 179
    Options
    I'm another person with the one. I wanted to be able to track my sleep and stairs. I believe the zip only does steps.
  • trevvian
    trevvian Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Two days into wearing my One. I thought the size & shape were worth the extra $ over the zip, even if I don't end up using the sleep feature. I wear it on the middle of my bra & don't notice it at all.

I do think the MFP fitbit adjustments overstate how many calories you should eat back, though. I want to get more exercise so I can lose weight faster, not eat more!
  • ScottyD135
    ScottyD135 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm another person with the one. I wanted to be able to track my sleep and stairs. I believe the zip only does steps.

This is 100% correct!

Other than the sleep tracking which I find helpful and interesting, the fitbit One has a built-in altimeter that tracks one flight of stairs every time your steps coincide with a 10ft elevation gain. It does not track going down stairs. I find it pretty interesting to see how many times I'm up and down the stairs during a day.

+1 for the fitbit one!
  • Briko3
    Briko3 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    One does sleep, stairs and will time activities and tell. You how many steps, etc. occurred during that time frame. All of which the zip doesn't do.
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Zip ! I don't need to know about my sleep. Got mine for $37 on clearance at target...bought 4 of them. Lol info is about 500 less a day than what bodybugg gave me. Steps are dead on. Love it !
  • EvelynBfly78
    EvelynBfly78 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your replies. Since I don't really care about tracking sleep I'm leaning towards Zip. I think it will suit my purposes.
  • Briko3
    Briko3 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I typed from my phone earlier, so it wasn't completely coherent, but the One does a few things that the Zip doesn't. (I have the One and my wife has the Zip)
    1) Sleep
    2) Has timer function that will keep track of stats while the timer is running and add them to the total when you're done. (ie, you want to see how much your daily walk will burn and how far it is)
    3)Stairs
    4) LED, so you can see it when it's darker outside or under your desk.

If none of that matters, the Zip is the way to go. BTW, our Target put it back up to the regular price.
  • nitch1
    nitch1 Posts: 5
    Options
    i use the fitbit one it is great.