30 Day Shred-- do it?

Options
2»

Replies

• cook6609
    cook6609 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Here is the youtube link that has all 3 workouts for the 30 Day Shred.... So even if you are waiting for the DVD to arrive at your house, you can start :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR7BK7jpu3M
  • cook6609
    cook6609 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    This is my second time around. Stopped after level two to do something else the first time I used it. Started level three yesterday. It is kicking butt. The real Jillian came out. Ha!! It will take a bit to get through this level
    I do use a mini tramp as I do it early in the morning Andy exercise area is over a bedroom. I also don't like jumping on hardwood floors

I had to change up the Level 3 Circuit 3 cardio workout. I can do the squat jumps without a problem, but the rock star jumps really hurt my knees and ankles. I do the butt kicks instead... I'm still getting that cardio, but it doesn't hurt my joints as much...
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I've never watched TBL or JM at all, so she's supposed to be scary? LOL.

Is there any other special equipment that I would need?

Jillian is not scary, Bob Harper workouts are harder then hers, by far!

I did the 30 days back in Nov and I'm doing it again right now with a group :) It is a great workout, lost 12 lbs the first time.
  • starfishme81
    starfishme81 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    It is a great workout. I have done it off and on in the past and love the results. Really firms you up and gives you some muscle definition without bulking. I typically do the Shred 4-5 times a week in addition to some other cardio. Best of luck and hope you enjoy it!
  • fstephanie4
    fstephanie4 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Yes. Do it :)
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I love 30 DS up until the point that she *kitten* her head, lowers her voice and says "I hope you know me"
    37434958 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Totally! Do it~
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    yes it works 5 days in I dropped a size in pants.
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Yes, I lost 15 pound in the first 30 days straight I did it!! Everyone i know who did it lost weight as well!!
  • 2013Jenn2013
    2013Jenn2013 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yes! Do it! When I started MFP, that was the workout I started with. After I got past the first 3 days, I no longer moaned and groaned every time I bent down to pick up toys or put a ponytail in my hair! I lost 7.5 lbs in my first round of doing The Shred, combined with following MFP's calories! Been working out since January, doing pretty much only Jillian Michaels workouts and I'm down 19 lbs and a lot of inches :) After The Shred, I moved onto Ripped in 30 (7lb weightloss for that one). Then I moved onto Round 2 of The Shred with heavier weights but quickly got bored of it, the second time around. So now I've gone back to Ripped in 30 and her Kickbox FastFix (20 minute workouts, that give an awesome burn as well). I highly recommend her workouts because it's only half an hour and it's effective :)
  • jennibear22
    jennibear22 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I am gonna start level 1 tomorrow. I watched the whole thing through today so I know what I will be doing. It looks intense - but I am excited to start it:)
  • wonderwoman1974
    wonderwoman1974 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Definitely do it. I lost 31.5 inches in 3 weeks...down 3 sizes!! It is well worth it!!
  • MzzFaith
    MzzFaith Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I started about @ month ago. I notice the changes. I love it.
  • AlexBoBalex79
    AlexBoBalex79 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I bought the DVD. The shred starts tonight!
  • BernadetteImproving
    BernadetteImproving Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have it in my DVD rotation. It is a great workout for 20 minutes and has 3 levels. Jillian Michaels states that 400lb people can do jumping jacks so there is no modification for them, however, I must modify them because I have knee replacements. I still get a great workout.
  • jkadel
    jkadel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I bought the 30 Day Shred Saturday, did it yesterday. Liked it. Now my question is do you do it EVERY day for 30 days or do you do it every other day? I am guessing every day but I want to clarify. If I'm going running on every other day would this count? Also, she says when you're ready to move to level 2 then do so but when do you know if you're readay or not? I cannot find this information anywhere.
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Yes!
  • babynun
    babynun Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You should do it. JM is intense and she's right about delivering results.