GMO Soy in my Protein Powder :(

Options
Ugh. I'm usually so good about reading nutrition labels before I buy. I've been using Dymatize ISO-100 Hydrolyzed 100% Whey Protein Isolate for a few months now. While my shake was blending yesterday I looked closer at the nutrition label and there it was...Soybean Oil. If that wasn't gross enough there was a a symbol next to it and at the bottom of the nutrition label it read "soy oil is genetically modified". I'm so grossed out now as we are trying our hardest to stay away from GMO products as well as items that have unnecessary added soy/corn/wheat.

Soooo....now I need a new powder. I like vanilla flavor the best because I usually blend it with milk and strawberries or bananas. Any ideas for me? I'd love for it to be completely soy free, but I'm having a hard time finding one that is.

Replies

• lepanto
    lepanto Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I like Jay Robb whey protein powder. From their website-- "only cold-processed cross-flow microfiltered whey protein isolate is used as the protein source and this material comes from farm-raised, pasture-grazed, grass-fed cows not treated with the synthetic bovine growth hormone rBGH". I always get chocolate so I can't vouch for the taste of the vanilla.