First time ever trying to get fit! D:

Options
Oh lawdy.
I'm new here, and this is my first time ever trying to get fit (eat healthy, exercise regularly).

My boyfriend of a year and a half mentioned how I looked and felt different the other day - it was mortifying, even if he wasn't mean about it. Especially since I've been in severe denial about how bad my weight gain has been in the past four years.

Technically, I began exercising yesterday, but today is the first time I found this site. The tools here are awesome!

I'm doing Jillian Michael's 30-day shred. It's extremely difficult for me, especially as I have no real endurance and have never had much muscle.

But I'm young! Here's to the start of a healthy life! :)

Replies

• marilynolivares1
    marilynolivares1 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    welcome
  • bumbleyboomz
    bumbleyboomz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • johned63
    johned63 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    welcome to mfp. It is a very useful tool and there are some very supportive people here. You will be surprised how much stronger you get as you continue with your program.
  • night_watcher
    night_watcher Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Oh lawdy.
    I'm new here, and this is my first time ever trying to get fit (eat healthy, exercise regularly).

My boyfriend of a year and a half mentioned how I looked and felt different the other day - it was mortifying, even if he wasn't mean about it. Especially since I've been in severe denial about how bad my weight gain has been in the past four years.

Technically, I began exercising yesterday, but today is the first time I found this site. The tools here are awesome!

I'm doing Jillian Michael's 30-day shred. It's extremely difficult for me, especially as I have no real endurance and have never had much muscle.

But I'm young! Here's to the start of a healthy life! :)

Welcome :) There's always the first step and you'll be very happy with the results one years later.
  • JessicaDumont2
    JessicaDumont2 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Just keep pushing through. It gets more rewarding everyday. :) I am also kind of new to the eating healthy and working out daily. It's getting a tiny bit easier and I'm getting more motivated to workout and do my strength training. :)
    Feel free to add me if you want for support. :)
  • RyanneRose
    RyanneRose Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new too :) I tried the Shred, and it kicked my butt (in a good way) until I hurt myself and had to stop...and then I fell off the wagon with that. Good luck on your fitness journey! Your endurance will improve the more you work at it.
  • ClaireMal
    ClaireMal Posts: 45
    Options
    Im trying ripped in 30 and its killer and its only day 1 .Feel free to add me
  • Jokingamerica12
    Jokingamerica12 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey ! Welcome, its a great tool to use, ive lost 31lb up to now and looking forward to losing more :) xx