Intro

Options
madowski
madowski Posts: 24 Member
I have been overweight all of my life. About 14 years ago, I lost over 70 pounds but hit a weight that was a mental block for me and gained it all back. Six years ago, I had an auto accident which impeded my ability to exercise for a long time and a lot of health issues began. Today, at 45 years of age, I am committed (every day is a new day; every moment is a new moment) to getting healthy by eating a low-carb healthy diet, drinking LOTS of water and with daily exercise. I own a farm and love working outside and hope to someday be self-sufficient with vegetable gardens and grass raised lamb (already do), beef, chicken and turkey. My overeating is an addiction to food and emotional eating. I live "in the moment" and know that I will always have to be careful of eating and gaining weight again. Since January, while I have had my struggles, I have been successful in losing 20 pounds. I have lots to go- but I feel like I am spiritually in a place to continue this journey to its target and beyond-- even with the bumps along the way. I swim a mile when I swim as that is best for my body due to arthritis and auto accident injuries. I used to be a "strong woman" before my accident and I want to regain as much of that strength that I can so I can ride my horse, "farm my farm" and just be happy and healthy for as long as I can!!!! I have loved MFP and hope that along the way of this public forum I get "okay" with divulging such things about myself!!!

Replies

• ninamcisaac
    Options
    Hi my name is Nina. I am happily married with 3 children. I have health issues and because of these issues I have gained a lot of weight. Hopefully now that the docs say I can do water exercises and recumbent bike slowly. I can get back to a healthy size. My goal is 50 lbs by my birthday. ..I wish everyone on this life changing journey all the best and rwmember one day at a time.
  • ninamcisaac
    Options
    Hope all goes well.
  • madowski
    madowski Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yes, one day at a time; though I shorten that to one moment at a time! Health issues can really get in the way of weight loss and healthiness! I am glad that your doctors have released you to begin exercising. I am pushing my body to get back to pre-accident abilities like swimming every day instead of every other day. I luckily have an awesome PT that helps me keep my body in tune by deep pressure point massages, neck manipulation with my discs, etc. I can't afford to go very much, but am aiming for a monthly visit to PT while I increase my swimming days to 4-5 times a week. I also bought a "Total Gym" and I have the Wii fitness.... I don't know my body not aching anymore, but figure that as long as I am vertical I am doing okay! :-)
  • ninamcisaac
    Options
    I like that one moment at a time very appropriate for me.