Confession time

Options
well i would like to confess something to you all.

The past couple days i haven't counted my calories, I smoked hooka, and a little green, I drank liquor, I even ate a very tasty high carb, Carls Jr. meal, and Guess what? I still lost weight like a boss and i'm happier. I hate counting calories and eating like a rabbit, i love to work out though, so thats a plus but i think im done with MFP for awhile.

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    iHLDNoW.gif
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    See ya :):flowerforyou:
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    party-hard_zpsaab1631f.gif
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Out of curiosity, I looked at your diary. I think 1200 is way to low to begin with but you were consistently eating and netting well below a 1000. Maybe it is a good idea for you to step away before you work yourself into am eating disorder.

If things don't work out and you find yourself counting calories again, definitely research your TDEE. Look up in place of a road map here on the MFP forums. That gives pretty good directions to find where your calorie goal should really be around.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Unless there's long lines of coke and even longer lines of hookers.... you're doing it wrong.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    We just aren't into it right now is all although I don't know what hooka is without googling and I don't do green anything unless it's eaten as a veggie/fruit. We can get back into it when we are ready. Luckily I'm still slim but I won't be for long if I keep not doing all I know is right. Best of luck!
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    We just aren't into it right now is all although I don't know what hooka is without googling and I don't do green anything unless it's eaten as a veggie/fruit. We can get back into it when we are ready. Luckily I'm still slim but I won't be for long if I keep not doing all I know is right. Best of luck!

Errr....I am so confused. So you and her are doing this together but you don't know what she is doing basically? O.o. But even if you two aren't into this you think you won't be slim for long? What????
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    iHLDNoW.gif

Bahahahahaha!!! most awesome.
  • 88meli88
    88meli88 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    it is really good to take a break from food logging ever once in a while but you have to see how good you are at portion control without logging and avoiding those behaviors that got you to gain weight. After 3 months of meticulous logging, i took a 5 day break for Easter. Not to eat poorly, but to give a break to my brain from logging. I found that I did really well for the first three days but not so much on days 4 and 5, but since I didnt log, I have no idea if I objectively didnt do well or just in my head. After 5 days, I enjoyed returning to logging. Interestingly, I lost my usual 1/2 kg during that week without logging. So all in all, I thik logging does take a mental toll and mental space and energy and I hope one day, I will get to the point when I can do as well as I am doing now but without the logging. I am certainly not there yet but over time, my good practices will become habits....See what works and adjust
  • AshatanViz
    AshatanViz Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have a confession as well... I drank beer for dinner last night, and today I ate a whole paella. Will I lose weight this week? Probably not. But I tend not to gain, either, because I work it off at the gym and compensate with smaller meals later.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    it is really good to take a break from food logging ever once in a while but you have to see how good you are at portion control without logging and avoiding those behaviors that got you to gain weight. After 3 months of meticulous logging, i took a 5 day break for Easter. Not to eat poorly, but to give a break to my brain from logging. I found that I did really well for the first three days but not so much on days 4 and 5, but since I didnt log, I have no idea if I objectively didnt do well or just in my head. After 5 days, I enjoyed returning to logging. Interestingly, I lost my usual 1/2 kg during that week without logging. So all in all, I thik logging does take a mental toll and mental space and energy and I hope one day, I will get to the point when I can do as well as I am doing now but without the logging. I am certainly not there yet but over time, my good practices will become habits....See what works and adjust

You might want to look at her diary, seriously. She eats under 1000 calories (like 600-700 at times). When she eats 1000-1100, she's logging a 500 cal burn which means she is netting 500.

She starved herself and is now probably overeating...although right now she needs the food. It's a vicious cycle. It isn't a simple taking a break from logging.
  • BlackEyedPanda
    BlackEyedPanda Posts: 86 Member
    Options

You might want to look at her diary, seriously. She eats under 1000 calories (like 600-700 at times). When she eats 1000-1100, she's logging a 500 cal burn which means she is netting 500.

She starved herself and is now probably overeating...although right now she needs the food. It's a vicious cycle. It isn't a simple taking a break from logging.
    If I have been on very low calories for a few days and then eat a bit more, I too tend to lose weight. I think it's just poo tho lol