Not sure what to focus on the most

Options
Hi all. I have a question. I am currently not trying to lose weight. I'm basically happy where I am in my weight range. The thing that would make me the happiest is if my body fat levels were lower. I want to tone my legs especially.

So what do you suggest I do? I understand I get to do a lot of leg, back, and core exercises. But is there any diet suggestions that would help? I also hear that cardio is good for something too. Just can't remember what. :D

I'm not sure what to focus on the most.

Replies

• dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy + protein.
  • crflower
    crflower Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My muscles are pretty weak right now. Would it be good to start slow? Or is it better to go straight for the bigger weights? (within reason of course) I've been doing some exercises that don't involve weights, but are supposed to firm muscles. Maybe I'll need to save up and get that gym membership I've been avoiding. If my at home exercises aren't going to support me in gaining muscle, then pretty much all I'm doing is working my heart. (which of course is not a bad thing.)
  • Requiembell
    Requiembell Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Heavy is relative to your strength level. If you are not very strong, 30lbs may be heavy. Chances are good you have a backpack you could throw some dead weight like a small child or pet in (joke people, lighten up) and do a few squats and lunges.

Hill sprints will build those legs too.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Eat at maintenance

Get adequate protein and fats

And follow one of these programs:

Starting Strength

New Rules of Lifting for Women

Stronglifts 5x5

Do this and you can't help but see results.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'll need to save up and get that gym membership I've been avoiding. If my at home exercises aren't going to support me in gaining muscle, then pretty much all I'm doing is working my heart. (which of course is not a bad thing.)

If you don't have a gym membership you can also look into:

You Are Your Own Gym

Convict Conditioning