Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Am I doing something wrong? Tips/advice welcome

2»

Replies

• WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    You're netting too low
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    You need to eat back your workout calories especially if you are only eating 1250 a day. Search IPORM on the forums and try to follow that.
  • FATJAKE5
    FATJAKE5 Posts: 162
    Check your Sodium vs Calorie in take. It should be balanced = 1000 mg sodium per 1000 calories consumed, Too much salt will retain water and work the kidneys harder. I too believe you are not eating enough. You may even lose muscle if you are putting yourself in starvation mode. Weight training, IMO will burn calories faster than cardio. But vary whatever you do. Check out this article @ http://www.livestrong.com/article/437419-how-long-after-i-work-out-should-i-eat/.
    When my son was playing football he would lose about 12 lbs during each game. I made him drink at least a qt of water when the game ended and load up with carbs as soon as he showered. Then eat a good meal. He gained 15 lbs over the course of the season. To lose weight replace the water and eat a small snack after your workout. Then wait 2 hrs before a meal while continuing to drink water. A good friend and 2 time world amateur kung fu world champion says he drinks water @ a ratio of 1/2 his body weight in ounces of water. 206 lbs/2 = 103 oz = 13 cups of water rounded up/day.
  • hey 3dogsrunning- I just made my food diary public. I just started logging consistentley for about two weeks.My work outs are mostly cardio I wanted to start more weight training once I got into the 150's (a trainer told me to do more cardio and once I'm in the 150's I should start weight training). I still do a little weight training anyways but since I'm not eating enough and doing too much cardio the little weight training I do is not building any muscle. I just barely started doing a boot camp at my gym- I was sore for 3 days and almost threw up during boot camp. I liked it because I definitley feel it more than my cardio work outs. I'm just used to cardio and I like the way it makes me feel and its addictive to me but I can see 2 hrs being way too much when I'm not training for a long distance run or anything like that . how much cardio should I be doing is 20-30 min enough?

I had a quick look. Looks like you are logging consistently.
    What I do see is a low calorie intake and you are doing a ton of cardio. You may want to read this article
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/why-big-caloric-deficits-and-lots-of-activity-can-hurt-fat-loss.html

It is never too early to do strength training. You will likely see the scale stall due to water retention in the muscles but it is temporary and the benefit far outweighs the scale results.

A good quality 30 minute cardio workout is good. I wouldn't do over an hour unless there is a reason.

I definitely agree with those saying eat more. Either eat back some of your exercise calories (even if you cut back on cardio) or use the TDEE method to include your exercise.

Also, give it a few more weeks. Even doing everything right 2 weeks isn't enough to see progress. When I started back weight training I gained a few pounds and stayed there for a month. The scale showed no progress, the tape measure a little but huge difference on the photos.

A good group to check out
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/3834-eat-more-to-weigh-less

I read that article; it really spoke to me: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/why-big-caloric-deficits-and-lots-of-activity-can-hurt-fat-loss.html
    so much information and so much to learn I'm a little overwhelmed....I'm definitely sticking to this. thanks for the help
  • Check your Sodium vs Calorie in take. It should be balanced = 1000 mg sodium per 1000 calories consumed, Too much salt will retain water and work the kidneys harder. I too believe you are not eating enough. You may even lose muscle if you are putting yourself in starvation mode. Weight training, IMO will burn calories faster than cardio. But vary whatever you do. Check out this article @ http://www.livestrong.com/article/437419-how-long-after-i-work-out-should-i-eat/.
    When my son was playing football he would lose about 12 lbs during each game. I made him drink at least a qt of water when the game ended and load up with carbs as soon as he showered. Then eat a good meal. He gained 15 lbs over the course of the season. To lose weight replace the water and eat a small snack after your workout. Then wait 2 hrs before a meal while continuing to drink water. A good friend and 2 time world amateur kung fu world champion says he drinks water @ a ratio of 1/2 his body weight in ounces of water. 206 lbs/2 = 103 oz = 13 cups of water rounded up/day.

yes I definitely need to up my water intake. I've been told that as well. I did some strength training today instead of my usual cardio ...decided I'm not going to weigh myself for a while. I want to lose fat before and don't want the weight part to discourage or confuse me when i'm doing everything that I am supposed to.