Belly exercise stuck with belly after baby passing.

Options
I was just recently pregnant - our baby past away :cry: :brokenheart: and I got a D & E 2 weeks ago and stuck with a belly! :frown:
Looking to get rid of this belly!! I'm no longer dieting since I'm happy where I'm at and eating better than ever - Organic! I suffer from a lot of back pain so not sure what would be right for me.

Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I'm really sorry for your loss.

If you're looking to build some abdomen strength, I would recommend hanging leg raises, crunches, and ab wheels. Now, I have some lower back issues, so pay particular attention to form.

For example, when doing a sit-up or crunch, don't decline all the way down to the floor/bench. Start at a 45 degree angle and then go forward and squeeze those abs good. Then decline back to that 45 degree angle. This takes more weight off the back and puts it on the abs. It'll be hard to do more than a few at a time at first. But keep at it, after 5-6 times, you'll be doing a set of 6 to 8.

Same with hanging leg raises, don't lower the legs all the way down. Just bend the knees lift them up to a tight squeeze, then lower them halfway, and then bring them back up. You may have to play with how low you drop them a bit. But keeping the tension on the abs will help alleviate the weight on the back.

In a sense, don't think that you have to do a full range of motion to start. Just apply the tension on the abs after starting a set, and all the way until you end a set.

Good luck to you!