Pre-diabetic

Options
Hi I'm Cheryl and just found out I'm pre-diabetic. I am going back to basics to track not only carbs but chiolesterol and sodium too! I have what is called the "triple whammy".

I have finally admitted to myself that I am obsese...not grossly obese but obese just the same. I need to lose at least 70 lbs to get to a healthy bmi but getting under 200 is the first step. I'm about 20 lbs away!

I've been on here before but never really stuck with it and now that I have health issues, I am determined more than ever to get off meds and get healthy.

I have a liimited time to exercise right now due to a lot of changing going on in my life but I work the exercise in whenever I can...like today, it's still chilly here in Cleveland but I will go out this afternoon and try jogging, something I used to do a few years back. Trying to fit as much exercise into the weekends as I can because weekdays are so hectic.

I have two grown daughters who are helping me out. The older one runs marathons, half marathons and many smaller races...she is my organic label reading child! My younger daughter lost a lot of weight after she graduated from college by eating healthy and working out. She also runs races but usually 5 or 10k's.

I keep one quote in my head at all times: "If it is to be...it's up to ME".

Replies

• bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Hi Cheryl,

Just came across your intro, and wanted to say hi, thanks for sharing your story and congrats on wanting to take back control of your health and new found determination. I like your attitude, and it's great to hear your daughters are stepping in to help you out.

If you don't already know, there's a MFP type 2 diabetic support group.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1772-type-2-diabetes-support-group

You will find lots of genuine people there, who are willing to share their personal experience and provide all the support and encouragement you need.

I've been a T2 diabetic for 27+ years and, a fellow Buckeye, living in the Cincy area.

I wish you much success on your new journey!

Bob
  • CherylDrab
    CherylDrab Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the heas up on the diabetes site Bob. I will definitely check it out. thanks again!

Cheryl