What are main things you hate about beeing overweight?

Options

Replies

• alli_v
    alli_v Posts: 11
    Options
    1) Lack of confidence
    2) Not being able to wear a bathing suit at the pool
    3) Not wear a lot of the clothes I would like to wear
    4) My thighs rubbing
  • fullofsmiles04
    fullofsmiles04 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Appearance in photos (especially next to others who are smaller) & how clothes never seem to fit/look right.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    1 - social anxiety
    2 - always trying to cover the tummy
    3 - avoiding pictures
    4 - settling for clothes
    5 - being asked if I'm preggo
    6 - sex anxiety
    7 - plus size stores, lack of good options
    8 - guilt after eating pretty much anything
    9 - the constant "i should lose weight so I'm going to start to eat healthy and exercise...tomorrow" then tomorrow never comes.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Feeling like I've wasted the best years of my life (my 20s and early 30s) being too fat to really feel good about me and enjoy life to the fullest.

This. I am only 24...but I definitely thought to myself "I am in my 20s - I should be the hottest I will EVER be in my life RIGHT NOW" I am so grateful i considered this...i don't want to look back and think to myself "i wish i lost my weight when i was 20"
  • squiggyflop
    squiggyflop Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Not being able to bring my knees up to my chest

No longer being the skinny friend after spending the majority of my life being the skinny girl.

$1 sundays at goodwill are no longer a fun adventure because dressing rooms now make me really upset.

Having worsened chronic pain because my skeleton cannot carry the extra weight.
  • pyron14
    pyron14 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    1. I use to be known for being very skinny now I'm known for being fat.
    2. Low energy level, I be about to die walking up the stairs.
    3. Finding cloths in my size
  • cindijelly
    cindijelly Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    good for you!
  • cindijelly
    Options
    I am losing the pounds to keep the weight off my knees!
  • cindijelly
    Options
    going into a store and the highest size they carry is not yours.....
    avoiding stairs
    Looking into mirrors and hallucinating that you are really smaller than what you are......
  • VeeSecrets
    VeeSecrets Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Clothing selections, rolls, too big to do this or that, and when ur eating people look at u like "do u really need that".
  • skinnytayy
    skinnytayy Posts: 459
    Options
    1. Not looking good in clothes (including bikinis, grrr)
    2. Lack of energy
    3. Anytime you eat, whether you're just a little chubby or obese, people stare and you just know they are thinking, "god she should put that down and hit the treadmill".
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    well mostly what every one else is saying about clothes/swimsuits and self esteem, the judgement... but on top of that the cellulite...not wanting to wear shorts cause the dimples are disgusting

And worst of all....being thinner after being fat....that is what I hate most about having gained all that weight. Cause now? Now the cellulite is still there but looks worse cause there is lose skin on my thighs...My boobs were huge before but now they are just mostly deflated...bat wings on my arms, not bad, but there. And if you thought the stretch marks on your tummy looked bad as purple or silver lines...wait till all that is loose skin with stretch marks, feel like I look like I survived an attack with a weed wacker. (probably not that bad in reality but in my mind it is)... I STILL hate the way I look naked, just now it's for a different set of reasons. The only difference is now I do better at finding clothes I like and think I look good in and my insides are healthier.

Hoping that if I keep at it and try harder at exercising that some of that will get better.
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    1. Not looking good in clothes (including bikinis, grrr)
    2. Lack of energy
    3. Anytime you eat, whether you're just a little chubby or obese, people stare and you just know they are thinking, "god she should put that down and hit the treadmill".

This to...
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I'm not overweight anymore but when I was, I felt much older than I was. Now I feel younger than I am.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    -avoiding mirrors because they make me want to cry
    -hating to go shopping because I can't find anything that looks good on me
    -guys just look right past me as if I don't even exist as a dating option. I'm only there to be friends with because I'm not attractive enough
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    The way I look and feel in clothes, hating when friends touch me cause I don't want them to feel my flubbery belly.
  • iamspdd
    iamspdd Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Feeling like I am letting my daughter down. Not having the energy to run and play with her. I can't count now many times she's asked me to spin her or lift her and I had to say, "Not today, honey, mommy's back hurts. :brokenheart:
  • sjwright66
    Options
    [o] Not feeling comfortable in my own skin

[o] Not having confidence
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    For me it is the fact that I still think of myself as the skinny girl I used to be and I put on clothes and stare in the mirror and reality keeps slapping me in the face. I just want the outside to match the inside after all the work I put into being mentally and emotionally healthy and just let my physical health spiral away.
  • haleyjester
    haleyjester Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    1. Clothes/shopping- I HATE shopping, I feel so uncomfortable and cant ever find something that I like and when I do it doesnt look right, and JEANS, dont get me started.......theyre either too big here or too small there.

2. SEX- Now my boyfriend is just fine with having sex, of course, but I have such low self esteem and issues with my body image that I am NEVER in the mood. I feel like Im blubbering everywhere or I dont have the stamina to be on top or try new things. We use to be so adventurous but now i just cant seem to bring myself to it. And LIGHTS OFF PLEASE

3. My son is about to turn 2 and soon hes gonna be a wild child and I wanna be able to keep up with him, so if I continue to be overweight thats gonna be a challenge.