What is your food diary set at?

Options
2»

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    My diary is open if you want to take a look at it. The calories are set at 1775. I set my macros at the closest thing possible to 0.35 grams of fat per pound body weight and 1 gram of protein per pound body weight. I think it's important to go by grams moreso than percentages, especially since MFP only lets you change those percentages in factors of 5.
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    the cals you've changed too are a bit better (and only moving them up by less than two hundred was very smart of you, you'll plateau or gain for a bit with any more). I would maybe even try a little more after awhile.

I'm 5' 4", 145 lbs.

Calories: 1695
    Carbs: 55% (though I'm considering lowering it soon, I just want to be consistently under it first)
    Protein: 20%
    Fats: 25%

Dairy's open and always welcoming new friends.
  • rawhidenadz
    rawhidenadz Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    MFP's preset recommendations are ridiculously low.
    my settings are:

1800 calories per day
    180 g carbs
    135 g protein
    60 g fat

i don't worry about sodium or saturated fats or anything else.

sometimes I go under the limit, sometimes over but I do average out at about 1800/day

according to MFP, this should have me losing .1 pound per week. I lose about 1.5 pounds a week when sticking to these numbers.

(I don't eat my exercise calories back, though)
  • angbieb
    angbieb Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I lose about 1.5 pounds a week when sticking to these numbers.

rawhidenadz...how many exercise calories? 1.5 consistently? That's great!
  • kusterer
    kusterer Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    MFP recs: 2210, 304, 74, and 83. Averaging a couple of other sites' calculators, MFP seems to have given me about my BMR. Eat back exercise, but usually not all of it. Lost 20 pounds in first 13 weeks.
  • JennChamb
    JennChamb Posts: 55
    Options
    Calories 1800
    fat 60
    Carbs 248
    Protein 68

I don't bother messing with mine. I'm breastfeeding on demand so I'm supposed to be eating high calories. Plus I exercise. As much as I try though I generally end up under my calories.
  • rawhidenadz
    rawhidenadz Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I lose about 1.5 pounds a week when sticking to these numbers.

rawhidenadz...how many exercise calories? 1.5 consistently? That's great!

No idea. I don't have an HRM or anything like that. I don't worry about how many calories I burn. I don't have a car and I walk or bike everywhere so I get an hour or two of light activity a day, and lately I've been trying to do 30-45 minutes of actual get-your-heart-rate up exercise five times a week. I do running/elliptical for cardio and weights (admittedly I do much less strength training than I should because I just don't enjoy it and it's a pain and a bore for me to do. I'd rather run).

I'd guess I burn about 400 calories per workout? But again, I really just don't think about it much because there's no way to know how much I'm actually burning.

I lost 60 pounds in 11 months or so = 6 pounds a month on average, 1.5 pounds a week. My average intake was 2000 or higher during that year though. I've been maintaining for the past year and a half and decided to get serious about losing another 10-15 pounds. I just restarted last week. I'm fairly sure that I'll continue to lose at the old rate. I'm much closer to goal now but I'm also a lot more active. We shall see how it goes!
  • Eatkansasbeef
    Eatkansasbeef Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    After reading these posts...I'm going to change mine to

cal:1400
    carb: 40%
    Protein: 30%
    fat: 30%

Let's see how that goes!?

Hi - How do you change the settings to read in percentages instead of grams/day?
    Thanks so much
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I see that you've already changed your ratios and cal goal, those look good. Basically-- pile on the protein and good fats, watch the carbs but not too closely. Those daily macro goals are minimums, not maximums, as long as you are not exceeding your overall calories. Good luck!
  • haymancm
    haymancm Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I've got mine set to:
    calories: 1660
    carbs: 125
    protein:125
    sugar: 33
    sodium: 1500
    potassium: 4000 minimum

I'm working on upping my potassium & keeping my sodium under 1500. My calories are not as much of an issue, especially w/ the amount of cals burned while using my HRM during my workouts of over an hour. I am focusing on eating more fruits/veggies to achieve a lower sodium content.
  • angbieb
    angbieb Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    After reading these posts...I'm going to change mine to

cal:1400
    carb: 40%
    Protein: 30%
    fat: 30%

Let's see how that goes!?

Hi - How do you change the settings to read in percentages instead of grams/day?
    Thanks so much

Go to your home page...click on goals..page down and click on change goals..click on Custom: Manually set my own custom fitness goals...click continue...go to protein, carbs, and fat...click the drop down box and choose your %...then page down and click change goals. done. :flowerforyou:
  • Defren
    Defren Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    1,500 calories

10% carbs
    25% protein
    65% fat

I am diabetic and eat ultra low carb Primal.
  • julialdr
    julialdr Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"0 and about 120lbs. I have my calories set at 1300 but I usually eat around 1500. (I have learned I will always go over by about 200 cals so I set them lower then needed).

I focus on weight training so I do:
    Protein - 40% (about 130 grams)
    Carbs - 30% (less than 100 grams)
    Fat - 30% (43 grams)
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    1700 calories, 149 g protein, 149 g carbs, 57 g fat. I try to stay between 140 and 160 g of both protein and carbs and between 50 and 60 g of fat.
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I don't count/track calories but spot check for my macro percentages a couple times a month. I have those set to 40f/30p/30c.