Is water really important when losing weight?

Options
I try and drink as many glasses of water i can a day but the most i can usually get through is 4-5 glasses.
If i try my best to drink 8 glasses is this going to make much difference to my weight loss??
Thanks
Emma x

Replies

• thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Drink however much you can in a day.

Your body takes it's hydration from everything you eat and drink. As long as your pee is light to clear you are fine.

Personally I find more water is better for me because it helps me reduce how much water weight I retain from any sodium I consume.
  • Sunny_fit4life
    Sunny_fit4life Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Are the glasses you're drinking only 8 oz or are they more? Forgive me if that's a silly question, but 8 oz is a pretty small glass compared to what most people drink out of.
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: water is one of the keys to weight loss results! try drinking 8 or more glasses of water a day & you will see an improved weight loss. if it is hard for you to drink water, try adding slice of lemon or lime to it!
  • KatieHall77
    KatieHall77 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Water is a big yes, both in dieting and necessary for life. Most of us have a hard time getting in our full fluid needs per day, I'm a teacher, so leaving the kids to go refill a cup is a big no-no.
    I found that buying a huge Nalgene bottle, keeping it with me all day at work, and sipping whenever I get the chance has increased my weight loss, made me feel a lot more energetic, and made my skin look awesome. You will also notice that you get sick less, because a well hydrated body has a better response to bugs that float around.
    A lot of the time when we feel hungry, it is mostly just thirst. So your meals will feel more satisfying too.
    The Nalgene bottle is 32 oz I think, and I try to fill it twice per day. Then I have more to drink when I'm at home around 4 or 5 in the evening.