So your heading out to eat....

Options
When you heading out for a night in the town and you are going to a restaurant how long does it take you to look at a menu and decide on what to eat? How often do you "splurge"? I

Replies

• contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    going out to eat is not a frequent thing here. in fact, i do it so rarely that when i do it is perfectly fine for me to totally ignore any dietary concerns i might have and go all out.
  • sallydurkin
    sallydurkin Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    We very rarely eat out, I always look at menu prior to going, decide ahead of time. I don't splurge. I splurged for 33 years it got me to a bad place that I am now correcting.
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Eat what you want, just remember to pay for it at the gym haha...
  • CupcakeConnection
    Options
    If possible, I try to review their online menu before I leave. It gives me a chance to review menu options and/or nutrition. If menu not available I prefer to order baked, grilled or steamed items without sauce or butter. I try to adhere to this rule. Occasionally, we go to eat Mexican food. I do have a few corn tortillas with fresh salsa, no chips. Entree is chicken fajitas with veggies and sliced avocado, no beans, rice, sour cream or cheese. I am not an avid drinker so margaritas are not appealing. I prefer water with lots of lemon. However, it should be a lifestyle choice, not a diet! Everything in moderation!

PS - lots of restaurants will give you half portions if you request it.
  • wheezeybouncer
    wheezeybouncer Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    as vegetarian options tend to be rather limited, not long!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I eat out all the time. If I can't look at their menu online, I halve the portion immediately and bring the leftovers home to look up. That way I get my tasty food without going over. Most fast food places have the nutrition info on a plaque next to the counter. And some menus specifically have a "dieter's" selections which are lower in calories.
  • davidwgold
    Options
    Eating out is only a rare occurrence for me, mainly special occasions or when I go and visit my family so when I do I will have whatever I like, sometimes I'll look at the menu beforehand but that's because I'm stupidly indecisive and I don't want annoy the people I'm with sitting there trying to decide what to have!